Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

seadoo-gts

2017 seadoo gts is taking on water again after replacing the pto cover. i've had the jetski out a total of 5-7 times and the new pto has failed its taking on water again. the one i ordered from partzilla came in a seadoo box and said its a factory part. the crank looked good when i swapped them out so why didnt it last what causes them to fail?

Let us know where it's taking on water? Is it water from the cooling system or is it coolant ? I'm not sure why you would replace the PTO cover to solve a water problem , maybe the carbon seal is leaking ???

This jetski doesn't have a carbon seal. The pto cover keeps the water out of the ski and oil in the engine. There's no carbon seal. This is the same setup on this model and the spark

Let us know where it's taking on water? Is it water from the cooling system or is it coolant ? I'm not sure why you would replace the PTO cover to solve a water problem , maybe the carbon seal is leaking ???
I explained in my post where the water is coming from lol its the pto cover. Same as last. More than likely the crank is going to have to come out of the engine. That's the only thing that I can think would make the seal go out again that quick.

The boot and sealing system on the 900 ACE are very good and won't leak when assembled properly. It's possible that the crank is the problem but this can easily be tested for play but even on the 2014 and 2015 with the "bad" cranks, they didn't leak even when the crank would wobble and the engine would knock. Proper assembly is not easy and needs to be done with great care.

Back