Water between hull and liner

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

event

I am rebuilding an engine on my GSX Seadoo 1996 and noticed a small amount of water seeps through the fiberglass at the bottom of the craft under the gas tank area. The moisture is obviously coming from the area between the fiberglass hull and the outer liner. Is this a problem of concern, and if so what is the recommendation. I noticed there appear to be plugs in the fiberglass bottom that are silicon sealed. Thank you in advance.

If you are saying it is coming from outside in. As in through the gel coat and into the hull, then yes, that is a problem. It can destroy the ski while under way due to hydraulic action into the hull.

Thanks for the reply but no not from outside in. I completely stripped the inside during restoration with the exception of a few things like the polystyreen and flushed the inside. After drying it out i noticed there was water wicking at the bottom of the fiberglass (PWC isn't in the water) as though some moisture was coming through the fiberglass from underneath. I assume during the flush some water must be between the fiberglass and the lining. First PWC and this one was a mess inside.

Put a 100 watt light bulb in and close it up. That will draw any water out of the hull Then I would seal the hull.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back