GTX rfi water in hull

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonestar75757

While on the lake (after 2 hours) my SeaDoo GTX rfi machine started taking on water. Fortunately it happened just before I was putting the ski on the trailer. The hull was 1/2 full. I trailered the ski, pulled the plugs and drained the water and ran the motor for 15-30 seconds to make sure the motor was ok. While on the trailer I put water in the hull to see if the hull was leaking below the water line. No leak found. I ran the ski while connected to a water house and observed water building up in the bottom of the hull but I was unable to locate where it was coming from. I did notice that water was not squirting out of the cooling discharge port at the front of the ski. Is it possible that is the source of my leak and where is that water coming from?

If the hull isn't leaking you have a cooling water leak. I'd check the exhaust pipe as the welds are notorious for leaks. I won't hurt anything the run the engine on the hose for a few minutes while you search for leaks. Good Luck !!

If memory serves me there isn't a pisser on the side or front of that ski it comes out the back where the tow hook is.rfi has a mag heat exchanger and a crankcase heat exchanger.pinch those off and repeat the test

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back