Two easy questions. idle adjustment and oil tank leaks.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

bwagner

so I looked at some old threads and saw that leaking two part oil tanks are super common on 97- 02 sea doo skis. I've got a pair of 99 gtx rfi's that both leak.

I pulled the one out the other day and there are a few cracks on the seam. I'm sure the other is identical as they both leak. what's the best fix for this? the other thread I read said something about getting new tanks or plastic weld?!? Cant the two parts be pulled apart easy and then put back together easy with some gasket maker glue stuff?

second question. my one ski idles at 1500.( factory spec) the other is around 1000 ( and is also slower at top end max rev is like 6500 instead of the 6900). how do I set that back to 1500 like it should be?

Thanks a ton guys! your always super helpful! ill get pics if you want.

I would look into thoroughly re adjusting your carbs. You can find many free pdf manuals online available for your ski. Pull carbs tune to the specifics and hopefully that works for you. I would say adjust your idle screw but not sure how that affects performance at wot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back