Trying to decide between Seadoo GTI 130 and the Yamaha VX Cruiser

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

meedz

I'm ready to take on a new PWC - stuck between the GTI 130 and the Yamaha VX Cruiser.

Sat on both, and love them both! The main difference is the engine size with 1800 CC (Seadoo) and 1100 CC (Yamaha) with weight restrictions of 600 lbs and 550 lbs respectively.

The Seadoo looks a lot more sportier - but my main concern is warranty / reliability and after-sales service. Both are offering 3 years warranty. Yamaha is bumper to bumper with 0 deductible, Seadoo charges a $50 deductible.

For anyone who's purchased new, how's the after sales service when it comes to warranty repairs? Are they hard to deal with? Just doing my homework and it seems that the Yamaha backs their products well.

Also on a side note, tried calling Seadoo 1800 line today and it rang and rang with no answer lol - pretty good service!!;)

Your opinions are much appreciated!

Both are OK.

Obviously this is a seadoo board... but I would go with whatever dealer treats you better.

My thoughts however unscientific are... I like that Bombardier is committed to Rex products instead of 1000 other things, I like that they are made in North America. The 4tecs are bulletproof in normally aspirated versions, actually the warranty is 5 years right now or 1000 off so that's a positive. Now dealers make all the difference so see what dealer is closer and treats you better because at some point you will need them and it matters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My thoughts however unscientific are... I like that Bombardier is committed to Rex products instead of 1000 other things, I like that they are made in North America. The 4tecs are bulletproof in normally aspirated versions, actually the warranty is 5 years right now or 1000 off so that's a positive. Now dealers make all the difference so see what dealer is closer and treats you better because at some point you will need them and it matters.

I think it all comes down to the dealer, agreed!

Where did you find the 5 year warranty?
Oddly, I was on the Seadoo website today and it showed the 3 year warranty extension promo, looking at it now looks like they've taken it down?

dont know much about yamaha but i just bought a new gti 130 and and very happy with it! i did the research as i wanted a hull that was more nimble yet cruise good. the gti 130 with a little body language is a very fun ski and carves pretty good as well. i chose the 1k rebate rather than the 5 yr warrenty. not sure how long the rebate will last. that being said i have 2 seadoo dealers close by, one was giving me red flags by trying to screw me on price, way over msrp the other dealer quoted me $300 under msrp plus the 1k instant rebate.
oh the one thing yammy doesn't have is the ibr (intelligent braking and reverse) which is amazing to have. to clarify, yammy probably has reverse but not the brake. let us know what you end up with.

Apparently the 5 year deal ended 6/30/15. If I were you I would call and see if any of your local dealers could still get it for you.

dont know much about yamaha but i just bought a new gti 130 and and very happy with it! i did the research as i wanted a hull that was more nimble yet cruise good. the gti 130 with a little body language is a very fun ski and carves pretty good as well. i chose the 1k rebate rather than the 5 yr warrenty. not sure how long the rebate will last. that being said i have 2 seadoo dealers close by, one was giving me red flags by trying to screw me on price, way over msrp the other dealer quoted me $300 under msrp plus the 1k instant rebate.
oh the one thing yammy doesn't have is the ibr (intelligent braking and reverse) which is amazing to have. to clarify, yammy probably has reverse but not the brake. let us know what you end up with.

I'll continue to do my shopping today, the seadoo warranty horror stories I've read online is what scares me the most.

Will keep you updated !

Both are good choices, and I think you'll find the SD to be a little cheaper but maybe i'm wrong.

I believe you'll do a little better on fuel economy with the SD, both engines have a rock solid reputation.

Got the SD!! Put the deposit on it this afternoon. I got them to throw in a tow tube, safety equipment, and a cover.

I think I got a decent deal - they gave me the 3 year warranty promo. They had never heard of the 5 year (possibly not available in Canada?).

Awesome! I didn't realize you were in Canada. You will love it, make sure to post some pics.

I will post pics as soon as I've got it! Hopefully Saturday afternoon [emoji106]

I went with the white/green/black combo. the other blue they offered was too feminine lol

Got the machine Saturday, absolutely loving it. Unfortunately can't post any pictures because idiot me put my iPhone 6 and keys together in a waterproof container. Finished riding to find my screen all smashed to bits :(

Other than that, it's awesome! Trying to resistant the WOT urge until break-in period is over.

Back