looking at a 12 GTI vs a yamaha vx

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

intercooler

so i found a 42 hour sea-doo gti 130 and i was looking for some input on the reliability of this vs say a 2018-2021 yamaha vx. i see the yamahas are big with rentals, and i would be looking at 300-500 hour rentals in a comparable price range. the seadoo i am looking at was stored outdoors sadly so the seat is toast,. its a bit faded on the black surfaces. it did not fire right up, it took a few cranks to fire and it sounded rattly terms of the prop....it had old gas for sure. guy wants 5500 for it. its a legit 42 hours, one owner ski. what maintenece would it need at 42 hours?

I don’t know a lot about the 2012 GTI specifics… but from memory, I think that was the first year of the more modern design look. But the GTI in general is a very reliable ski. Sounds like it has been well maintained and cared for. But at 42 hours there is little to be concerned with. You would likely want to just start clean with yourself owning it. I would change the oil, spark plugs, coolant, and put some fuel stabilizer in the tank - or maybe I would just add a bottle of B-12 Chemtool carburetor/injector cleaner to the tank. I think it would be ready to go.

I just got a 2011 with 31 hours. DRAIN THE FUEL TANK! I ran new gas and fuel injector cleaner and changed plugs...good to go! The only issue I seem to have is water seeping in around the ride plate cooling ports...hoping some RTV will solve that.

Back