Trouble reaching top speed

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bren989

So I have 2 2014 GTI 130 SEs and I've always been able to get 54/55 mph out of them flat out. I was out this past weekend and my buddy was on one of them and couldn't get past 45. I had him start next to me and we both pulled the throttle down all the way at the same time and within 10 seconds I was a good 50 ft ahead. (He said he was hitting 45 and mine read 54) He then put it in sport mode and matched my speed of 54 remaining next to me the entire time. I know sport mode only messed with the aggressiveness of the cornering and increases acceleration so I'm confused as to what would cause this. I haven't gotten on it myself so there is potential it's operator error but I do not believe this is the case. Next time I take them out I will hop on it and look at RPM's and everything but I just wanted some preliminary advice. Anything advice is appreciated. I will be bringing it in to the shop if I find the same issues next time but just wanted some information to go off of.

The first thing I would check is for cavitation. Does you ski feel like it's over revving, like a transmission slipping in a car, if so check the wear ring, carbon seal.

Lou

I say operator error as if you do one run and it's slow and sport mode suddenly changes it doesn't seem to add up. Like you said it just adj the male for throttle and delivery not power itself

I was under the impression that sport mode (vs touring/eco mode) simply meant a difference in acceleration.

Acceleration should be improved but the ski should still reach top speed (54ish)

So yes, your suspicions seem correct, something is odd here.

I'd swap riders and run the same experiment, and take a look at the wear ring for sure.

Yes that's right it's faster throttle response but doesn't Change how much power there is so 0-50 in 5 second vs 0-50 in 7.2 kinda deal still getting to 50 at the end. That's why I think it's more of a rider issue then machine cuz other mode he said it was fine

Yeah my first thought was the wear ring or carbon ring and I will check for cavitation next time I get out (hopefully this weekend or mid next week) I will get on it myself to make sure it's not operator error also. Thanks for everybody's thoughts, I will update you all when I get out next time.

Yes that's right it's faster throttle response but doesn't Change how much power there is so 0-50 in 5 second vs 0-50 in 7.2 kinda deal still getting to 50 at the end. That's why I think it's more of a rider issue then machine cuz other mode he said it was fine

both the 5.0 and 7.2 versions... sound god awful....

I prefer the 3.0 version :)

[video=youtube;NSkSYAcEsBs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSkSYAcEsBs[/video]

Yeah I think we all do. I gotta get some more hours and years out of these then I might be at the dealer again looking for that 3.0 version.

Not familiar with 2014, but my 2011 GTX 155 besides a touring mode and sport mode, it has eco mode that limits RPM to 6000. If you ski has eco mode that could explain the initial slow speed followed by normal max speed in sport mode.

Yeah I have Eco mode but I do not believe it was enabled. Hopefully he had it on accidentally and didn't realize but I won't know until next time I get the skis out

I believe the skis starts in ECO mode. My GTX does. You have to toggle out of the ECO mode in my case.

Mine starts in touring. When you put it in Eco and turn the ski off it goes back to touring when you turn it back on but I will check next time to make sure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back