Tower speaker and sub recommendations

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jdb929

What do you guys recommend for tower speakers and a good sub. I would like to save as much money as possible so please don't recommend any speakers that cost a grand a piece. I hoping to install a sub, a couple of tower speakers and amp for around $1500. I am do the instal myself. Also, where is everyone putting their subs and are you using a box.

Check out my current build thread on the speedster 200 in the 4 stroke boat section. I went with Polk UM series 6.5 speakers. I got 4 in the boat, 4 more in cans on the tower, and 2 Polk 10" subs. Im using a Clarion head unit and a single JL Audio amp to power it all. For all of that plus miscellaneous stuff and all the wiring, im right at $2000.

What do you have in the boat now? I would make sure you have a good base to start with. The factory stuff it comes with is usually garbage. You will notice a huge difference in just upgrading the stock speakers and head unit.

you should be able to get a set of Kicker HLCD's, like i have on my boat, for around $400 and then another $400 for an amp. You'd still need cans, but that's only about $200 more. After wiring and all, you'd be close to $1200, but they scream out to 80 feet and beyond.

My buddy's mastercraft has the JL tower speakers, but they aren't HLCD. Do you want these for wakeboarding/skiing, or just listening while in the water?

Has anyone found a way to connect their tower speakers to the factory connections on the tower or do you have to buy the factory cans

If you actually wanna hear them while being on a board behind the boat, you need horned based speakers. The guy i bought my tower cans from sells them buy it now on ebay for like 995 for the 2 sets, so 4 speakers. He regularly puts them up as an auction, and ive seen them sell for 500-600. Here is the buy it now set.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kicker-HLCD...613?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item257a545edd

This guy is the owner of liquid audio sound. They sell very high quality product. They were one of top company to build tower speakers until wet sounds and exile audio started eating into their market share.

Samsung S4...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back