Speedster 150 stereo upgrade

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Double-K

I had a stereo system installed on my 150 a couple days ago by a local installer. 2-6.5, 2-1inch tweeters, 2-10” subs, and I also have a wake board tower with 2-6.5 and 2-8 cans. 5 channel 1000w and 4 channel 400w amps. All Rockford fosgate. The tower isn’t actually installed yet. I researched a bit before taking on the project but I’m still looking for info… I put in 3 group 24 batteries in. 1 starter and 2 deep cycle. I was originally going to install the blue sea add a battery system but a couple posts scared me into not doing that saying that it may fry my charging system. Called blue sea as well and they pretty much confirmed that it may tax the system so I decided to keep the two dc separate and just added a dedicated battery switch for them to strictly run the amps. I’m wondering who else is running a similar setup and who is still utilizing the boats charging system as I’m thinking of tying all 3 batteries together after all (but still using 2 dedicated simple on/off battery switches). Anybody see a problem with that? I have no intention of running all day with the music full blast but I know a good couple hours I’ll thump it a bit. Also, I’m on Lake Michigan where I won’t be on top of too many people or houses and I’m not inconsiderate to those around me fyi, I’ve seen the comments where people get triggered by those that like their music loud but don’t care about other people. I get it and I’m not a kid. Those of you (if any) running the batteries independently, how long does your system last? One last thing…. When testing the system at the installer, I was getting audio drops on bass hits when I turned it up a bit. Wasn’t even that loud imo. I thought I read that could be a grounding issue. I haven’t had the boat out yet since the install but i know they didn’t separate the starting battery correctly Bc it had really low voltage last night and when I put the charger on I kept hearing a hiss and when I looked at my amp it was powering off and on repeatedly and was getting hot. Possible back feed from the head unit? Any insight or links to previous discussions on this topic are appreciated. Thanks!

Seems like you should have plenty of amp power. Would definitely make sure to isolate grounds off the engine circuit. On my 230, I’m on 3rd season with the BlueSea add a battery setup with no issues. I’m running a blue top for the starter and a 1 Walmart series 27 for house. All non essential was moved to the house with separated grounds too, before separating, had nasty hum thru system when motors were running. Should also mention, I added a 2 bank ProMariner onboard charger as I keep in wet slip. Plugged in when not in use keeps both bats fully charged which I’m sure is helping reduce stress on charging system. I’m running a 4 ch 2,400w for the tower pods and 1- 10”sub. Then a 400w for the 4 - 6.5” two way speakers along with full light system etc. Haven’t noticed any bass drops at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back