The X4 Thread

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys,

I have to get ready for my baby's Baptisum, but I did get a chance to give the new (to me) XP800 a bath. It is EXTRA clean... inside and out. I think I'm going to drag it to the local SeaDoo dealer, and have them pull the hours, becasue I don't think it was used much.

Here's some new pics. All I did was give it a bath. (no wax, no buffing)

63.jpg

64.jpg

65.jpg

66.jpg

67.jpg

wow thats cleaner then mine even after i cleaned her up, only paid like 400 bucks for mine but still nice. welcome to club. count how many times you fall off when you first take her out and let us know. mine slung me off 4 times in my first hour, about 6 times out of the whole day. how about everyone else?

looks really clean dr, you sure will like it, I love mine they are so fast and fun i had a good time out today doing 360s and its funny when you pass the ppl with the newer seaddos and yamahas and there like huh..... just a question, but is that rust on the spark plugs?

So..... Can I join the club? :thumbsup:

I got it for $1500. The girl I got it from hasn't used it since '06 because the trailer lost a wheel bearing, and her Ex-husband started to fix it, but never did. (I had to rebuild the hub to get it out of her garage) It was garage kept, and there are only a hand full of scuffs, in it.

The pump is perfect. It looks like it was just rebuilt before it was parked... or there is almost no hours on it. The compression is 155 on both jugs, and all the electronics check out. I didn't try to run it since it's been sitting so long. As you can see from the pic... there is no sun fade. Oh... and it has the cool stepped seat, to keep my butt from sliding off.

I'll work my normal magic on it. (Give it a bath, change the fuel and oil, service the oil system, clean the carbs, change the fuel lines... and so on)

Sorry the pic isn't good quality, but I got one phone pic before it got dark.

58.jpg

man i love the seat! were can you find that ?

..... just a question, but is that rust on the spark plugs?

Yep... the plugs were rusty. When I saw that... I thought, "Oh Crap." But then I took them out, and rammed a bore scope into the engine, and it was clean. I think the moisture in the hull just caused some surface rust.

man i love the seat! were can you find that ?

Not sure. I know it was a factory seat, but it was an option of some sort. There was GTS and GTX with an avalible molded in drivers seat too. (from 95)

Last edited by a moderator:
Bunches of skiis, here, lots of lakes. Kinda a double edge sword, more skiis, more hours on the skiis.

Lou

Ya no deals like that around here either something like Dr Honda got being around here prob b 2500 or 3k

That's why it took 2 years to find the right one. Normally they are expensive (+$2000) and still need some love. OR... the best one I saw was $2100, and "It is fast and reliable, but it just stopped running the last time I had it out." So, they wanted all that $$$ for a busted XP.

Anyway... I put a fresh battery in the XP, and just for giggles, I pulled the choke, and gave it a crank. The dam thing fired up in about 3 seconds !!!! I couldn't believe it. The thing has sat dormant for years, and it fired up, like it was just ran yesterday.

I still need to service the oil system... but I can't wait to give it a try. Since it started so easy, I'm not even going to go threw the carbs before giving it a test ride.

awsome man, ya i was pretty happy with the deal i got. I bought 2 96 xps on a nice double trailer, for 2,000.00 bucks. one did need a new motor but the other one ran great, i bought a motor for 800 off pwctoday and got em both running, ive also bought a few other stuff and lights for trailer and all im still around 3500 though, so think i came out good.

there are pretty good deals here, mainly people are just not smart enough to fix them. so you can get pretty good ski's with minor problems for cheap.

Got a question, on another thread, Dr. Honda said "the XP has a cult following. I always wanted to be a member of a cult, don't tell my wife.

I guess we'll be safe when the Rapture is here.

Lou

There should be like an X4 gathering. Anyone want to organize one in central NC? There's Jordan, Harris, and Falls lakes here.

OK... So the X4 cult has started. I'll make stickers. :thumbsup:

Let me just add my congrats on a beautiful ski Doc! Please don't forget me with the X4 cult, ha ha. I sure love mine, it is a tempermental little turd though. But I think it has not had the easiest life either... I didnt know this model stored hours, I will have to check that too out of curiousity.

Well... I guess I actually have to make them.

I'll slap a few ideas together and post later tonight.

OK... just a quickie. The colors are just for my layers. It will all be one color.

How big do we want them... and where is the target location going to be? (hood, nose, transom?)

If you guys have any ideas... let me know

78.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back