That is this...!!!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

JuanchoPWC

What is this...!!!

[video=youtube;JIOHWlYuBYE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIOHWlYuBYE[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
SeaDoo was about due for their next big flop!!! It seems history repeats itself every 6 years or so, and following in chronological order...the 3D, the LRV, the and the HX.

I will say, this has a much better chance of success since they aren't limiting their demographic as much as the others but people who buy new SeaDoos want couches, not small and nimble like the younger generation wants but they basically have no money in this economy.

SeaDoo was about due for their next big flop!!! It seems history repeats itself every 6 years or so, and following in chronological order...the 3D, the LRV, the and the HX.

I will say, this has a much better chance of success since they aren't limiting their demographic as much as the others but people who buy new SeaDoos want couches, not small and nimble like the younger generation wants but they basically have no money in this economy.
It's likely going to be epic in proportions. Literally on EVERY ski forum it's the talk of the town. I've never seen a single ski come out where the amount of people that say they're going to buy one has been this high. Hell most of us could sell a 2 stroke or 2 and be on one with not much down. Couple that with not needing a trailer and you can likely walk OTD for under 5k.

The only problem is that the people on forums aren't the people buying new Seadoos because they don't have a disposable $5k but they sure do talk a good game.

If that were true, the XP would have never gone away.

The only problem is that the people on forums aren't the people buying new Seadoos because they don't have a disposable $5k but they sure do talk a good game.

Guess we have a different view. Here and other forums I'm on people cycle through skis like they do underwear. Even at the expensive level I see people change over skis almost on an annual basis.

When it comes to marketing and sales, you can't look at the exception and the forums are in itself the exception. You have to look at the norm or standard. Sure there are twenty something people who are very successful and buy a new SeaDoo every year but I'll show you 1000 forty plus year old men that buy a SeaDoo for every one of them.

I hope I'm wrong on the how well this will sell, but the reason SeaDoo makes what they do is because that is what people with the most money buy. Not because it is the most fun, economical, or quick.

Time will tell, but I think people are more apt to take a chance on wasting 5k as opposed to 13k on one machine.

I hope no one minds, I'm going to move this to the new section, Rotax 900 ACE.

Lou

Personally I think BRP hit a home run, but time will tell. When I buy a ski I don't want a couch, if I did I would buy a boat. I can definitely see a market for the Spark, it's the original concept, something cheap and fun. Sure I would like to see some improvements, but I think the concept is dead on. An entry level ski that most everyone can afford.

Lou

I'm thinking you may be wrong here. (no offence)

The HX failed because that class of racing died (with the X2 and wave blaster) and no one wanted a single seat, low stability ski.

The 3D was a flop because seadoo tried to come out with a "Stand-up" ski... but it was a MONSTER !!!! Because of that... the stand-up guys didn't want them. And, at that point... you come back to the HX issues. (single rider, low stability)

The LRV (genesis, and SUV) failed because they were expensive, and most PWC guys thought... "Why do I want a boat?" Also... the LRV needed a bigger engine. I know it was 130 HP... but the 2 cyl 951 just didn't have the torque for a loaded 4 seater. But the funny thing now is... guys are gobbling up the old 4 passenger skis as fast as they show up on CL.

Here again... I don't think you are right. There are a bunch of times where the guys in marketing do the wrong thing. OR... they try to "Innovate" and try to tell the public what they want.

I'm sure seadoo thought they were doing the right thing, in asking people what they want... and they will always tell you the bigest, and badest ski made. BUT... the reality is... that's not what they want, because they don't want to spend $13k on a toy.

Also, to make a blanket statement like the members don't have the $$$ is wrong too. I'm sure there are a bunch of guys like me, who have the $$ to buy new... But I don't want to make a $250 mo payment, for the 5~6 mo's that have snow on the ground.

At this point... who knows how sales will go. The economy is down, and people still aren't spending. But, I can tell you right now... this may be the first new ski I've bought in 12 years. Also... I have a buddy who has the cash (works for nvidia) But knows he would only use a ski a few times a year, max. So... he doesn't want to spend the big $$$ on a new ski... but doesn't want the headache problems of an old ski. To him... the Spark can be bought, on a trailer, with the cash in his toy account.

Lou: I think all Spark threads should be moved to this forum.

I just want to throw this out there but did anybody else for a second think it was ELECTRIC because of the name SPARK???? My mind is blown right now!

Just spoke with my dealer and looks like February is around the time they will get one. They'll call me when one arrives.

I just got back from the local dealer too.

The sales guys didn't know about them... and the sales manager just found out about them this morning. His guess is that they won't have them in until the beginning of the year... but he will know once the owner comes back from BRP.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh yeah last night was the first any of those dealer guys heard about them. All but the owner prob got any tidbits in the last month or so and they were sworn to secrecy.

Ski-doo I know you have been around them forever, so Im quite surprised you think it will flop. This is a no brainer. They will sell a gazillion. I think MANY people from forums have the ability to spend 6g on a fun ski. I am with Lou...I sure had 0 interest in any of the new seadoo lineup until now. Im def not rich, but I can also tell you I've got at least half of that in my toy fund already and I havent sold any personal skis yet. I have a feeling there are many more like me, along with rich parents that will buy 2 to keep the kids entertained at the cabin and wont even think twice about it.

Oh yeah last night was the first any of those dealer guys heard about them. All but the owner prob got any tidbits in the last month or so and they were sworn to secrecy.

Ski-doo I know you have been around them forever, so Im quite surprised you think it will flop. This is a no brainer. They will sell a gazillion. I think MANY people from forums have the ability to spend 6g on a fun ski. I am with Lou...I sure had 0 interest in any of the new seadoo lineup until now. Im def not rich, but I can also tell you I've got at least half of that in my toy fund already and I havent sold any personal skis yet. I have a feeling there are many more like me, along with rich parents that will buy 2 to keep the kids entertained at the cabin and wont even think twice about it.

Does it feel like 1989 again?

This is all great but, how the hell am I going to sell my GTI's now? I can't lose my shirt on them. I knew I should have had them on CL in July!

Damn, I wish I had rich parents!!!!

Lou

I'm alittle worried about the 2 stroke market. Trust me I'm pumped about the spark and will most likely buy my first brand new ski since 1996. But I don't believe it will put the grin that the first ride on a 96 xp 2 stroke 787 will give you.

I believe Sea-Doo just hit a home run. They will sell faster than the dealers can get thdm in their doors. Other brands will follow and the sport will grow like it did in the 90's. I think it's great, now the average family can afford to have 2 skis and enjoy family time riding together again.

Back