Synch Challenger oil pump to carbs

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

gadgetdan

I'm trying to Synch the oil pump on the front of the 787 engine to the carbs, and I'm having two problems:

1) I can't properly search the forum for previous answers because it always eliminates the word "oil" from my "oil pump" search and I get hundreds of irrelevant posts, mostly about jet pumps.

2) I didn't see any alignment marks on the Mikuni pump at first which uses a cable disk, not an arm like shown in the Shop Manual.

While trying to get a good pic, with the pump wiped off and the light at just the right angle, I found the marks. Just scratches really. Pics attached, for others to add to their service manual, like I'm going to do.

BEFORE:
Screenshot_20200516-205533.png

AFTER:
Screenshot_20200516-221713.png

i think miki will correct me if i am wrong, but for me those little alignment marks were pretty much just a starting point to get you in the ball park. i found both my engines ran extremely rich at that setting. i had to dial them back a bit. i am still on the rich side, but at least my plugs dont foul out anymore after i have been at idle for a few minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back