Surging Please Help!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

IanWSmith

Last year I bought a 1997 GTI, on the test run it was perfect but when it got home it wasn't nearly as smooth. So i did some research and found out the fuel lines could be to blame so i replaced all of them. I also changed the spark plugs just in case. But this had no effect and it still surged. I left it for the last month of the season (BAD idea i know)

This Spring i decided to tackle it again. I went to clean the carburetor and discovered that the carb itself was cracked. I thought that this was my issue so I replaced it with an aftermarket Mikuni one that was a direct replacement. While doing this I also changed the spark plugs, cleaned the air filter, and did an oil change. I put it in the water yesterday and it ran perfectly for 10 minutes. I turned it off to take a picture and when I turned it back on the surging returned. Also when it worked for those 10 minutes the fuel gauge was also working correctly and when it started surging again the fuel gauge stopped again.

I'm not sure what's wrong with it and need some help, Thanks in advance for the advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back