Sporster LE boat problems. New owner, please help if you can.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

kcsurprise

Just bought a 2004 Sportster LE boat. Does not take off like it should. Compression is good and dealer gave it a tune up, but did not drive it. Took it out and the RPMs get up, but it's like the trim, if it has one, is not right.
Like an outboard with the trim all the way up on takeoff.
Does get up to top speed and runs good, but takeoff is terrible. No noises or break ups.
Additionally, when we pulled into the no wake zone i lifted the back compartment to see water pouring out of the flushing connector.

Any ideas? I really don't want to take it back to the mechanic unless I know what needs fixed.

Thanks a lot - Ryan

I have the issue. I'm replacing the wear ring and my impeller is all bent up. You can check the wear of the impeller by looking into the water inlet. Remove the water inlet grate to see impeller. With a feeler gauge check the clearance between the tip and center of each blade against the wear ring. On mine 2004 Sportster it should be no more than .014in. If it is you need to inspect wear ring.
good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back