Please help! 2004 sportster LE DI 947. Need help with hoses for rave.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Blake345

Hello Everyone i have a 04 seadoo sportster 947 le di. I am pretty sure this engine is not the original engine. The sticker on the boat says 951. The plate on the motor says 947.
I just purchased the boat. The person I purchased the boat from pulled all of the hoses off of the motor.
I purchased a manual i put all of the hoses to there correct location but there is one hose out let on the back side of the direct fuel injector. I don't know what hose goes to it.
When the motor is running it blows air out if the outlet on the back side of the fuel injector.
The motor runs. I'm thinking I don't have the hoes for the rave hooked up correctly for it to do its job. All it will do is ideal when I give it gas. It sounds like it's bogging.
When I hook the key up I get 2 beeps as normal then 5 seconds later 1 long beep.

I saw your other post about the one on the backside of the fuel injector. That goes to the Noise Reducer. Now the RAVE system is ran by your air compressor. This is rear of the engine.... Stbd Side and low in the engine bay. Its attached to the engine as its driven off the engine. This has a larger
"braided" line that feeds the fuel rail.... and a smaller one that is the supply to the botton nipple on the RAVE Solenoid... The green thing. DONT BREAK THESE nipples!!!! THEY ARE EASY TO BREAK AND FINDING A NEW GREEN SOLENOID ID HARD!!.

The metal nipple side of the rave is exhaust and floppy rubber roses and the other side is what feeds your RAVE Valves. Hard hose Comes off the solenoid.... towards rave valves and splits between them.

The beeps need to be times out. The length..... and time between. The DESS Key insert is normal with 2 beeps. The attached image is the start for Beeper Codes. These are then combined with other diagnostic items such as Limp mode or not to help point in the right direction. If you're trying to crank the engine with the throttles maxed this is "Flooded" Mode. Allows no fuel/spark but you can crank with spark plugs removed to eject water out of the cylinders.

Beeps.jpg

Oh... also... just assume the 947 and 951 are the exact same thing. I couldnt tell you why but as a fellow 951di Owner.... using 951 as your reference works better for parts search

Oh... also... just assume the 947 and 951 are the exact same thing. I couldnt tell you why but as a fellow 951di Owner.... using 951 as your reference works better for I do have the hoses going to the silanode

I saw your other post about the one on the backside of the fuel injector. That goes to the Noise Reducer. Now the RAVE system is ran by your air compressor. This is rear of the engine.... Stbd Side and low in the engine bay. Its attached to the engine as its driven off the engine. This has a larger
"braided" line that feeds the fuel rail.... and a smaller one that is the supply to the botton nipple on the RAVE Solenoid... The green thing. DONT BREAK THESE nipples!!!! THEY ARE EASY TO BREAK AND FINDING A NEW GREEN SOLENOID ID HARD!!.

The metal nipple side of the rave is exhaust and floppy rubber roses and the other side is what feeds your RAVE Valves. Hard hose Comes off the solenoid.... towards rave valves and splits between them.
I do have the hoses ran wrong I'm going to fix that tomorrow. I did find a bad tps. I am waiting for a new one to come in.

Also if you can rig up a test for the hard hoses to/from the rave solenoid I would do that. I had shop air hose with a thumb trigger adapted to a push lock for the hard air hoses. Test with 80-90lbs of air if the lines hold. If you can test from rave solenoid towards air compressor(a leak here will fuck your fuel pressure and also show if the air compressor is leaking on its supply side) and then rave solenoid towards rave valves (a leak here will also fuck fuel pressure but when the raves try to open)

Last edited:
Back