Speedster Tower rattle

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

dothadoo

My 2007 Speedster 150 has a rattle, which seems to come from the lower bolt that goes through the bottom tower arm of the stern, port side, which connects to the deck. I checked to see if anything was loose, but it seems to be tight. It is not that loud, but noticeable when hitting waves. Has anyone else ever noticed this kind of rattle?

There was a recall on brp towers, unfortuneatly i dont know any details, a quick call to dealership should confirm your okay in that dept. If that all checks out just put a piece of 1/16" foam (sticky on one side), where your mount are. That should take care of that irritation.

Well, I can't really see where the rattle is coming from, as it seems to be inside the rear tower tube. I am not seeing how a piece of foam tape will help that as I would not be able to get tape inside the tube. I will do some checking into the recall though. Thanks for the heads info.

Well the way u explained the symptom it sounded like u were saying it was coming from where the tower bolts together. Is it maybe your speaker/radio antenna cable?

If your boat is a 2007 it should be part of the recall if it has not already been looked at, the details of the recall are in the sticky at the top of this section, all you do is call Seadoo main number and select the 'Recall' option from the menu, have your HIN number ready and they will tell you right away if the boat has been inspected as part of the recall already, if not just call your dealer and have them take a look at it. Be warned if you are due a new tower that they are currently on back order and mine wont be here until middle of July.....

I thought the recall was for the Speedster 200. And it has to do with the welds possibly cracking. If it covers the Speedster 150 as well, great. I can wait on a tower as mine seems to be fine except for the rattle.

You are correct in that it does actually sound like one of the tower bolts just hitting the inside of the tower. As far as the radio antenna goes, I believe it is all contained under the guages and does not come out of the helm area. I could be wrong, but my 2003 Sportster 4Tec was that way.

I have to take it to the dealer anyway to get my check engine code cleared. I will ask about the recall then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back