Speedster throttles out of sync

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Half Baked

Also have port side throttle issue. Have to advance the port throttle to get boat started and keep running. When pulled all the way to idle it dies. When running at speed the port throttle has to be about 1/2 to 3/4 inch farther advanced than the starboard to run at the same RPM. Doesn't seem extra play in it nor is it loose under the control levers. What is best way to balance these throttles?

There are three adjustment points in that system in order to sync the levers
1. adjust at the carb.
2. the connection of the cable at the linkage to the throttle assembly
3.and where the cable mounts to the bracket at the throttle assembly.

Make sure you do not have too much tension on the throttle cable in the idle position. This could cause a run away.

You possibily/probably also have a carb setting issue to which there are many threads.

For me, i cannot be half nor fully baked when working on these.

There are three adjustment points in that system in order to sync the levers
1. adjust at the carb.
2. the connection of the cable at the linkage to the throttle assembly
3.and where the cable mounts to the bracket at the throttle assembly.

Make sure you do not have too much tension on the throttle cable in the idle position. This could cause a run away.

You possibily/probably also have a carb setting issue to which there are many threads.

For me, i cannot be half nor fully baked when working on these.
That is a nod to my occupation, not my condition;)

Check that when your throttles are at the top,,,WOT,,that the butterflies are in the same position.,,your port symptoms,,,indicate carb issues,,,if you install a carb kit make sure IT IS NOT AFTERMARKET.

Last edited:
Check that when your throttles are at the top,,,WOT,,that the butterflies are in the same position.,,your port symptoms,,,indicate carb issues,,,if you stall a carb kit make sure IT IS NOT AFTERMARKET.
I hate to ask, but what does WOT stand for?

wide open throttle. you need to ask to find out.
Thank you Sir. My first day on here. Lots of great advice. I’ve only had out board motored boats until about a week ago. Have rebuilt my first jet pump. On my 95 speedster. Is there a way to look up topics or do you just look three posts/threads?

use the search button at the top/right of the page. you can narrow the search to specific forums if need be.

Reactions: Pup
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back