Spark iBR

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Rickyp5569

Definitely gonna get myself a Seadoo Spark 900 HO 2up . I can have one in December but it wont have the iBR system otherwise I need to wait till Feb and boy that feels like ages. Is iBR nice to own ? can you retro fit it ?

There is a review that states it works really well on the lighter Spark and was a great feature.

May have been the popular mechanics or iBoats one ...

It's a cheap Life Insurance policy and reverse for docking, perhaps priceless if you need it urgently

I would say if nothing else it would extend your starter and battery life. I have 3 ski's only one with a reverse gate (predecessor to IBR), the ski with the reverse gate, because of the extra control, I can pull right up to the dock, the ski's with out the reverse gate, it takes at least a couple of tries, stopping and starting the motor.

How much extra is the IBR upgrade? That would be the determining factor for me.

Lou

It is 700$ for iBR.
The convenience package with reboarding step and front storage cover is 200$

========================
SPARK - 2 UP
BASE Rotax 900 ACE $ 4,999
W/Convenience Package** $ 5,199
BASE Rotax 900 HO ACE $ 5,699
W/Convenience Package** $ 5,899
BASE Rotax 900 HO ACE w/iBR $ 6,399
BASE Rotax 900 HO ACE w/iBR
-W/Convenience Package** $ 6,599
=========================
SPARK - 3 UP
BASE Rotax 900 HO ACE $ 6,299
W/Convenience Package** $ 6,499
BASE Rotax 900 HO ACE w/iBR $ 6,999
BASE Rotax 900 HO ACE w/iBR
-W/Convenience Package** $ 7,199

**includes: front storage cover bin and reboarding step.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would say if nothing else it would extend your starter and battery life. I have 3 ski's only one with a reverse gate (predecessor to IBR), the ski with the reverse gate, because of the extra control, I can pull right up to the dock, the ski's with out the reverse gate, it takes at least a couple of tries, stopping and starting the motor.

How much extra is the IBR upgrade? That would be the determining factor for me.

Lou

you need more practice then !

I thought it was $800, but at 500 IMO its worth it.

are you sure its not $800 ? I just checked the math, and it looks like 8.

In South Africa they saying it will cost and extra R20 000.00 ($2000) where a spark 2 seater 900 HO Costs give or take R100 000.00 ($10000) so iBR basically costs us 1/5th of the Cost of a standard machine. for now it's a bit stiff.

$700 is a chunk, but the fact that it always starts in Neutral, and has a brake, and reverse for docking, is a solid win. I'd still like to see trim added, but from the jumping videos I may be able to live without it.

I drove a RXPX-260 with iBR and LOVED that it didn't BUDGE until you told it to. slowing and docking were so freaking easy. not to mention loading them on/off a trailer is 100x easier with reverse.

IBR is a very nice feature. Have it on my GTX and the manual option on my RTX.

I would get it for sure.

Less wear and tear on the battery and starter as Lou mention. Bonus.

iBR is an $800 option here in Canada.
Spark 2up HO $6399 ($800 upgrade to HO)
Spark 2up HO + iBR $7199 ($800 for HO $800 for iBR)

plus $850 for freight and PI and then tax on top of that, so out the door $9100 more or less lol. I am still undecided about iBR, I have never ridden a ski with it.

IBR is a very nice feature. Have it on my GTX and the manual option on my RTX.

I would get it for sure.

Less wear and tear on the battery and starter as Lou mention. Bonus.

that's the 2nd time i've heard about starters on this subject.

maybe its because i'm used to it, but I can't recall in the past 3 seasons having to shut my ski off/turn it on when docking or putting up on the trailer, i just motor in, spin around, grab the dock. now, yes, I had reverse on my old ski and it was convenient, but not having it never really changed anything, i just had to be more careful. But with that said, I still love IBR, its pretty dam nifty, just awful pricey I agree. And from a resale perspective those additions never recoup their money, a used spark with ibr vs a used spark without IMO probably only changes the price a couple hundred, at best. so its really a question of convenience/vs expense.

Although I think its great, I doubt I'd add it for that price myself, but i'm used to dealing without it, and as you keep adding things that are this pricey, then it starts to no longer be nearly the "cheap" ski its advertised as. Once you start pushing 7K IMO you might as well start the shopping process all over again because it opens up other opportunities.

Since you're asking for opinions, here's mine. On a small ski it's nice but for $800.00 not necessary. I won't be getting IBR.

Lou

I heard that in February Sea Doo is coming out with a manual reverse, much the same as the existing reverse on the older GTX.
If this is true, I'm up for that rather than the IBR since it is simple and no electrics to fail. JMHO

Don't forget the 2.5 hours of labor charges from the dealer to install the manual kit, should be close to 300.00 extra plus the cost of the kit, which is probably going to be in the 300-400 dollar range.

Don't forget the 2.5 hours of labor charges from the dealer to install the manual kit, should be close to 300.00 extra plus the cost of the kit, which is probably going to be in the 300-400 dollar range.

Might as well order the IBR as ibis pretty much a wash at that point. It will be worth more than a manual setup at resale time.

Safety over economics ... Better to be safe than sorry when your son, daughter or friend runs into the dock or another boat head on !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
If they do not know how to ride then they are not riding my stuff. Only people who have seadoos have ridden mine or they ride next to me for a day and I teach them at slower speeds just letting people rip your stuff without them knowing what they are doing isnt bright. Would you let someone ride your harley after saying they have never rode a bike before? IBR is an option I am passing on. I have never had reverse or a brake on any x4 and have had no issues.

We are all interested in the spark because its "cheap" but ours is $7000 that is just for the h.o. And the $200 conveince package. Adding IBR puts it at around $8000 out the door. If you dont mind spending another $700 then do it but that awe in the $5000 price tag really doesnt mean much when your at $8000 just for Ibr and the H.O. Im trying to keep it cheap and for me the extra $700 is making sure I can go from 0 to 50 faster not going from 50 to 0 faster.

Back