Can I shorten a 2Up spark by 2-4"?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

SunseekerWishes

:hurray:

So I have an opportunity to buy a 2015 2Up HO for $3800 with 30 hours on it. I'm looking for a ski that is reliable AND fits in the tender garage on my boat. The biggest ski I've verified to fit is a 1999 GSX at 106" long. The boat originally came with a 1995 XP, but the original owner did not include it in the sale, and I'd prefer something a little more user friendly (although I might by an X4 for myself anyways....)

So, the 2Up spark reads out at 110" on Sea Doo's manual. (The 3up is stated as 120") Both numbers are fairly round, and I want to see if the 2up is actually a little shorter. I know if I get it down to 106" it will fit, but even 108" might work. Can I remove some trim on the front or the back? Or have the trim slimmed down a bit?

For envisioning where this is going, I included a couple pictures.
XP In garage.jpg
Sea Doo GS.jpg
1994-sunseeker-comanche-40-express-cruiser-full-restoration--10.jpg
11427238_10100125292240611_6995676801568792594_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
What [MENTION=28488]cheappc[/MENTION] said is correct. That should give you your 2". Hopefully removing either the front of back does it for you so you don't have to do both every time.

Ideally, I'd like to leave whatever parts I remove, off. Not reinstalling each time I want to use the ski. I'm not opposed to replacing them with something smaller, or trimming them down and buying some replacements for when I sell the ski (I'll probably keep it for a while).

Are either of the pieces vital to the ski, or will it function fine with out them?

Ideally, I'd like to leave whatever parts I remove, off. Not reinstalling each time I want to use the ski. I'm not opposed to replacing them with something smaller, or trimming them down and buying some replacements for when I sell the ski (I'll probably keep it for a while).

Are either of the pieces vital to the ski, or will it function fine with out them?

I know for sure the rear pieces are not vital at all, seen the guys remove the 3 up extension completely and leave it like that, the front bumper doesn't look like it's required, but if it was me I'll just put it back up with 2 screws on again so it won't look weird..

Anyone feel like wrenching the pieces off theirs with some photos and measurements? The dealer was not amused when I showed up with an impact driver and set of bits.

Here is a video of removing a 3 up extension and leaving it like that, the 2 up has the bumper in its place
[video=youtube;A_IsYs2TB6U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_IsYs2TB6U[/video]

Back