Spark concernes

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Lou yes a 07 used gti130 is 11k nz and a newc1 is between 17k-19k.

So the rxp is longer or shorter than an rx? More info please. And are they a 4tec? Sorry I'm a noooooooob.

Huh? My dog ain't in this fight.......

Lou

Where can I find specs on the seadoo range? Length. Weight blah blah? I

Seadoo website should have it.. Walking through my local Seadoo dealer last week when picking my Spark up, just about all the other models are substantially bigger, but more so heavier.. Spark 3up is 185kg, I think the closest to it in the range is around the 400kg mark

There is a RXDI for 4K on trademe if your brave enough. I believe I've seen a Seadoo manual somewhere that compares all the models dimensions, got mine from the Candoo site.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a RXDI for 4K on trademe if your brave enough. I believe I've seen a Seadoo manual somewhere that compares all the models dimensions, got mine from the Candoo site.
Have you got the link? Can't find it.. Iv been watching g daily.

Where can I find specs on the seadoo range? Length. Weight blah blah? I

Try www . seadoosource. com/fueleconomy.html (remove spaces before/after www & com)
They have the info from 1993 to 2005...model, weight, fuel usage, ratio, top speed, hourly cost, etc.

EDIT: sorry but they don't have any Spark info yet if that's what you are looking for. But maybe they will update the chart soon. Try seadoo.com for that info

Woops sorry Lou. Hmm if a rxt is bigger then would it still be fun in the surf tho?

Every ski is fun in the surf, just depends on what you consider fun.
Hit a big enough wave with enough speed and every ski will catch air.
But with some models, you'll catch more air than others.

some say the guy on the left is having fun,
others say, only the guy on the right is having fun, you can do either :)
(keep in mind the guy on the right is more likely to snap an ankle, break a nose, tear a rotator cuff or ruin an engine, but he'll have a wonderful time right up until then)

61.jpg

even my 1992 GTS with a 580 was fun in the surf :thumbsup:

agree, I can't really think of a pwc that wouldn't be fun in waves, quite simply, some people think 6" of air is big fun, some think 18" of air is just right, others think 4 feet is the gateway to fun. Just depends on what your looking for.

The GTS was fun, but the X4 was the most fun I've ever had. PERIOD! I am moving away from 2-strokes but will keep the X4. It's worth the trouble and extra fuel consumption.

Just to add my 2 cents...If you are hung up on liking the HX, I would do a 787 conversion on one, or find a Yamaha blaster. I know they are huge in that area of the world.

You just cant go wrong with a X-4. Little more stable and IMO jump better than HX/blasters.

Otherwise...get a Spark and insurance and beat it up. The world needs you as a guinea pig right? ;)

Facebook friend from Germany... https://www.facebook.com/msr.freeride?fref=ts

Really your biggest issues would be driveshaft and fuel pump and maybe a little exhaust routing. Even easier in a boat with all that room.

If I were you I would reshape the pump area to accept the 4tec pump, then hopefully you can put the motor in w/o a special DS. Put all the 4tec electronics in including the gauge. Simple! ;)

Well, I knew that I would have to use the bigger pump to move more water, but I wonder if the existing intake channel needs to be modified to feed a larger pump. Also, the DS would probably need to be modded. there is not much room there, and I want to keep the stock fuel tank. I believe the fuel pump can be added by just cutting a round hole in the tank and bolting it up just as in the 4tec. I have some spare tanks I can practice on. I just hope it's not too tall or too short (fingers crossed). The exhaust I'm not worried about, that'll be straight-fwd. Really, the only concern I have is that it won't fit, but if it can go in the X4, it'll go into my boat. The boat has the same driveline as the X4. I can't wait to talk to your friend!

Wow!! Let's see if I can embed it! How awesome sparked!! Congrats man that's unbelievable

[video=youtube_share;3snCpxt3E8I]http://youtu.be/3snCpxt3E8I[/video]

Wow!! Let's see if I can embed it! How awesome sparked!! Congrats man that's unbelievable

[video=youtube_share;3snCpxt3E8I]http://youtu.be/3snCpxt3E8I[/video]

Ahh... sorry, should of added.. that isn't me.. it's a guy of the Greenhulk forums, another aussie.. he's from Queensland I think... he has some other video's floating around youtub, he certainly knows how to throw the spark around...

This is a 60hp 2up with a Vtech tune (109hp).

Hey guys as some know I'm a newbie here so firstly hi to all and thanx fir having me...

Now on topic SEADOO SPARK.....
After getting my HX I was thinking of getting something new so I sold my HX today and am contemplating buying a SPARK.
But after reading and seeing that NZ'er who holed his(anyone know how yet). I'm now a bit scared.

Reason bring is I want an aggressive. Light. Punchy ski for surf jumping in. And main factor I want new or new ish. Around the NZ$10k

So what's your opinions and thoughts?
If I don't buy a spark I want a ski no older than 2008 ish and something I know I can throw around the surf and not break lol(within reason)
Please guys help me please.

Hitting something hard enough to make a hole in the hull is no simple bump. In my view, responsible boating will prevent you from getting into trouble. I don't think you will find something relatively new with the price and performance of a Spark. They made it the way they did for a reason, and I think it's what you are looking for. If not, borrow about $3k to $6k and go for the GTI 130 up to the GTR 215. The GTR 215 will be aggressive and punchy for sure and not far off a stock 260 ski in terms of speed. Not as light as a Spark but it will add quite a bit of hp to the equation, if that's your thing. You can always look for used.

Hi guys thsnx for the great replies. Well Thursday afternoon was a awsum day in town so I made the call to go to the beach with the skis after work. But I'd take the demo spark with me. Best call ever.. Seeing the evening glass off from bout 6pm-830pm was the best day in Foxton iv seen fir ages.

Long story short a friend was out with his Spark aswell. And my first impressions in the river was ,light and nimble with a bit of balancing required. Not much. As opposed to the rx etc.

Got to the river mouth and entered the surf. Notices she is not too forgiving in chop tho I pressed on. Round the sand bar and into the mid break I encountered my first wave. Slight sea breeze onshore saw me jump head on and I THRN realised the front if effing light. . So I re thought my strategy and punched the next etc. After 3 hours of countless punishing at my hand on the spark I did some good airs,rolls,and a lot of flying solo leaving the ski behind.

I am a little saddened at the 3d raw shapes on it simply for the bailing as the older rounded skis you can't get hooked on and cut yourself. I slashed my knee on the bumper strip whilst in a stunt and falling off.

The ski seems bogged down once landing a non moving stunt and needing to accelerate away from the oncoming surf. I feel it could do with a quicker response off the mark to jump up on out the water to grt moving. But power wise I think it's perfect. I'm not cared bout top speed wich I fetched 82km on river month .

Do all in all I'm putting my order in 2 months time for a 2up 60 hors.but reluctant to do the hp upgrade due to so e issues iv heard locally bout it.

Back