Sound proofing a 2004 Utopia 205

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

UKGlenn

I have been considering sound proofing the engine compartment of my Utopia 240m2 and wondered if anyone else has and what their results were if it is worth doing replacing the foam on the plastic housing for better sound absorbing and deadining material.

I did my Utopia a couple years ago due to the original sound deadner deteriorating. I used Dynamat Xtreme on both sides and the top cover. On the top cover, I also put the Dynamat Hoodliner over top of the Dynamat Xtreme. I am very happy with the results, in my opinion it made a huge improvement in sound deadening and it also made the sides and top feel much more solid.

I use a 50/50 mix of (sented) isopropyl alcohol and hydrogen peroxide to spray down my hockey equipment after games to prevent bacteria growth and keep my equipment from smelling rancid...the reason I mention this is that when I was removing the glue left behind after removing the original sound deadener, my bottle of this mix was nearby/handy so I sprayed the glue and used a razor blade to remove the glue...worked great! I use this mix all the time for different things, but originally it was for my hockey gear...just thought I'd mention that this worked really well for removing the old glue...and the isopropyl alcohol and hydrogen peroxide are cheap...I buy 16 oz. of each and mix in a 32 oz. spray bottle (less than $3 USD)...I typically get the wintergreen scent, but obviously the scent isn't important...but it smells good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back