Some maintenance questions...

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jwb3881

Hey guys n gals... I'm getting ready to get my ski's ready for this summer. But I have a couple questions first...

Can I use Quicksilver for the pump oil? And are the wear rings easy to look at when your doing this, to see if they need replaced.

Can I use any brand of 2-cycle oil mix? My Yamaha I used to have, I ran Pennzoil Sysnthetic with no problems whatsoever.

And the 1997 GSI I have, still has the gray fuel lines. Should those be changed out or not? My 97 XP already had the fuel lines changed and carbs rebuilt... but when they were done the mechanic said he noted no deterioration within the lines. But the carbs were rebuilt as a precaution.

You need to use some kind of gear oil for the pump...I'm gonna use Amsoil marine gear oil this year, although I realized last night the quart bottle sux to pour from so I cleaned up a pump oil bottle and refilled it.

Change out the fuel lines, clean out the selector valve, and it wouldnt be a bad idea to do the carb too. Cheaper since its only one carb.

Last edited by a moderator:
You should also clean your RAVE Valves if you haven't done it before. Do a search for how to clean the RAVE's and you'll find lots of instruction.

Ok... I will refer to that chart. I will purchase a carb kit too... are the Mikuni Kit's decent? Or is there another brand I should use? I'm leary of doing anything with the GSI right now as far as the carb and lines though, b/c the motor looks like it's been rebuilt...but remarkably the hull and everything inside is extremely clean. So I'm not sure if it was a salvage that's been rebuilt or what. I just bought the pair this winter from a guy in Toledo.

One more question... I noticed on my title's for the ski's... the GSI is listed as 85hp and the XP is also listed as an 85hp. But I thought the XP's were 110hp? They are both 1997 models. How can I tell if the XP is actually a 110hp? It looks like it has 2 RAVE valves and the GSI has 1?

I would highly recommend using the Mikuni kits. Its a piece of mind thing...once their done they can go a long time.

I would also replace the needle and seat while you are in there. $20 and again...piece of mind.

someone screwed up the registration...the 787 is 110.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back