Ski rope idea

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

rxt_rick

Hello everyone. I have eaten so many ski ropes in my seadoos that I thought of an idea. I want to know if anyone has a suggestion or similar thought.

Can I put small floaties 5 feet apart along the entire rope to keep it on the water and out of my pump?

Thoughts anyone?

i think that's a pretty good idea. i actually saw one at a garage sale that was similar. though i think the floaty was just at the end where the skier held on. either way i would think it would have to help.

i wouldnt waste the time on the idea you could do mor damage by adding floats on it. Ok lets say the rope floating on the water. If you drive over the rope it can still get sucked it pluse the float on it as well. I know all the ski/board ropes i have they float. Best thing to do is apoint the spoter as rope manager and their job is to feed the rope in and out as needed.

The other day my spotter was my 9 year old son and both him and I were concentrating on helping the other kids back on the tube. Result: One ingested ski rope. Lesson learned for me. Turn the engine off when idling in place like that.

Definitely turn off the engine. Have you ever sat still and watched that rope bunch slowly up in a wad just behind the boat? :ack:

it is just WAITING for you to kick the motor on again so you can suck it up.

think you guys need to make a "bigger" circle around the skier, then come at him, then with'n a few feet, turn hard one way, and it'll feed the rope/handle right to him.....no pro, but did the wakeboard thing, couple weeks back, and never came close to "catch'n" the rope...?

Timmy, that is EXACTLY what I am teaching my wife. She is so paranoid, though, that she keeps her eye on that rope and handle. She knows how pi$$ed I will be when/if she sucks it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back