2008 RXP part ID and noise

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hivolts

Hello,
My ski makes a noise (like a small electric motor) towards the front right side I think in that black box. The noise is about every 12 seconds. It then makes the part in the picture make a clicking/fluttering sound. What is that part and any idea of the cause. Ski is off and key not attached. Noise may be the fuel pump View attachment 61513

The noise is most likely your fuel pump and should run when you put the key but stop after 5 seconds or so and and then not run until it starts. If it is running with the key off then you may have an ECU problem. The clicking sound is the idle bypass valve. It should never be actuating with the key off but is also a symptom of an ECU problem.
Is your battery good and does it start and run fine?

Thanks. My battery is good almost new and I tested it. As of now, putting the key on it, I get nothing. No beeps and dash doesn’t come on. This ski oddly died coming to the dock the last time I used it in the fall. May be time for a new ECU. I’ll spend some time with it the next few weeks and see what I find. Thanks for all the help.

One more question. The ‘08 has the issues. The ‘07 runs perfect. For ease of diagnosing, would you just take the ECU off the ‘07 and try it on the ‘08?

If you just switch the ECU you will also need to switch the cluster. You can't just switch the ECU because the cluster has to be flashed using BUDS software for the correct year/model ski and then you would have marry the ECU to the cluster for them to work together.

I would start by replacing/switching the 30A relay in the small fuse box. These do fail and will make everything dead like you describe. If that doesn't work, I'd jump the solenoid to make sure it turns over fine. If it does, I'd start inspecting grounds, wiring, and connectors for good clean contacts. Then probably switch ECU/cluster. Cluster isn't difficult to remove but you have to be careful and follow the manual or you will break the tabs.

Thanks for the help. So seems its the ECU. If I buy one off of the internet, then that means I have to take it to a dealer to have the ECU paired to the key and the cluster?

Yes, or find someone local with software. I've done quite a few for people from this forum in Ohio and south Florida.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back