Seal Carrier Removal

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

GlennWelch

I have some damage to the hull fitting on my 1993 GTX and I have removed the Jet Pump and the drive shaft is loose from the flywheel. My question is how do you remove the seal carrier assembly from the drive shaft so I can slide the drive shaft out the rear of the hull. I am having to replace the hull fitting so the drive shaft must be removed and the manual just says remove the "seal carrier". It does not say how. Is it a press fit on the drive shaft and I need a puller to remove the assembly or is it suppose to slide off by hand (and it is just stuck on the drive shaft)? Any advice is appreciated. Glenn

Seal Carrier?......

The shaft will only come out of the boat from the front. You can not dissassemble the shaft from inside the boat to get it out.

The carrier and needle bearing must be removed by bringing them to the back of the shaft, where the splined end fits the impeller.

There is an area on the shaft that gets wider, near the PTO side of the hull, so you can't pull the needle bearing assembly over it.:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back