Sea-Doo rxt 230 2019

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

icaka1988

hi friends new to this forum and I'm happy to be here i own rxt230 2019 has 137h on clock i want to do service as jet pump rebuild , supercharge , drive shaft and carbon seal have every part but i can't find a rebuild kit for the super charge need help please !!! thanks in advance

Have you tried Partzilla? Why are you rebuilding the supercharger? Is the slip excessive?

i tried there and no success with the supercharger kit ill ship it to green hulk let them do it and to be honest i think its fine but has 137h on it I'm the second owner of the ski and don't know how the previous one rode it :) just want to do it so i could feel better and ill know the ski has been takin care of well while i have it and i want to enjoy as long as possible

If I remember correctly, these newer superchargers are maintenance free (no periodic rebuild required). I'd check the slip and call it good. You don't even need to remove the supercharger to check the slip.

If I remember correctly, these newer superchargers are maintenance free (no periodic rebuild required). I'd check the slip and call it good. You don't even need to remove the supercharger to check the slip.
where can i find out for sure don't wanna risk it much and have to buy a new engine ...

I have a 2017 GTR 230; I read that my supercharger is "maintenance free" in the service requirements section of the owner's manual.

We'll you have a 2019 230 so you're probably using the 1630 engine; I have a 2017 230 which uses the 1503 block.

I'm not worried about the supercharger at all; Sea-Doo got rid of the ceramic washers in the superchargers a couple of years ago. I've got 56 hours on my ski, but I just recently rebuilt the engine due to a melted cylinder 1 piston. I was using 87 non-ethanol gas, but I guess my ski didn't like it even though the owner's manual says you can run 87, everybody with supercharged skis says to run 91-93 octane fuel.

Cyl 1 piston, liner, and block damage.jpg

We'll you have a 2019 230 so you're probably using the 1630 engine; I have a 2017 230 which uses the 1503 block.

I'm not worried about the supercharger at all; Sea-Doo got rid of the ceramic washers in the superchargers a couple of years ago. I've got 56 hours on my ski, but I just recently rebuilt the engine due to a melted cylinder 1 piston. I was using 87 non-ethanol gas, but I guess my ski didn't like it even though the owner's manual says you can run 87, everybody with supercharged skis says to run 91-93 octane fuel.

View attachment 64702
man that is sad ... but I'm sure u know what u r doing :) so i did a lot go reading and it says all the 1630 engine need supercharge inspection every 200h and if it goes bad or start loosing boost u buy a new one or maybe rebuild it than :) i feel a bit better now don't have to ship it just will check the slip what do u think the numbers should be ?

Sad and very expensive! The engine block alone was $1700.00.

Right, inspection at 200 hours. Do you have your shop manual? You'll need it, and they are only $25.00 at bestshopmanuals@gmail.com. The supercharger inspection is easy and mostly a visual inspection. Personally, I'd inspect it at the end of every season. Check out Calas World on YouTube. On one of his videos, he likes to disconnect the inlet hose to the supercharger and run the engine to check for water coming through the intercooler; water isn't good for the supercharger, and too much water can hydrolock the engine. The book spec for slip on the supercharger is 71 in lbs to 106 in lbs (used supercharger) & 80 in lbs to 124 in lbs (new supercharger). Ernesto (Calas Performance) likes 15 ft lbs (180 in lbs), but he never says why in his videos.

Back