Seadoo will not start w/start button

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

brad6160

Is there a relay that could be gone bad? OR a bad start button. It will start if you cross the solenoid and it will turn off with the button, but will not start with the button. Trying to find out some info on the ski. I will get back with that. @2007 I think gtx SC IC

you could rule out everything up to the solenoid by putting your voltmeter on the wire from the start button on the solenoid. Probably a yellow and black wire. yellow is from the start button, black is ground. put positive lead of your voltmeter on the yellow wire, negative lead to the negative on the battery. Press the start button. If you read 12 volts or so everything is good from the button to the solenoid. do the same test with the negative from your voltmeter on the black wire to verify you have a good ground. if that is all good, solenoid is bad.

bigJake said basically what I was thinking. Only thing I would ask is if you hear any click when you press the start button? If you heara click when you hit the button, and the motor starts when you cross the solenoid, chances are the solenoid is shot. But the only way to eliminate from the button to the solenoid is like Jake suggested.

When you push the button the solenoid clicks one time. I will check the voltage and see what I can come up with.

Where is a good place to buy parts?

When you push the button the solenoid clicks one time. I will check the voltage and see what I can come up with.

i would check to make sure you have good.. clean connections and then check volatage.. these skis will do some funky stuff when its time for a new battery.. whens the last time you replaced it?

Many parts are available through some members here.

Solenoids and starters you want to ensure you use OEM parts as the aftermarkets just don't hold up. True with most wear rings as well.

In a hurry, you can install a lawn mower solenoid while waiting for a Seadoo replacement. Basically all the same as far as hot wire in, hot wire out, start wire and ground wire. Most solenoids NOT designed for marine are grounded when you bolt them on, if you use a lawn mower solenoid for example you will need to put the ground wire onto the mounting bracket for the ground.

Exact issue I had with an 05 RXT. If it's clicking but not starting, and it starts if you jump the solenoid, I'd lay money it's the solenoid. The contacts on the inside get corrosion from the arcing after a while and don't make a good connection. Def buy a genuine one as suggested. I would also load test the battery just to be sure you are still good there. As said, the seadoos do some odd things when the batteries are on their way out.

Is there a relay that could be gone bad? OR a bad start button. It will start if you cross the solenoid and it will turn off with the button, but will not start with the button. Trying to find out some info on the ski. I will get back with that. @2007 I think gtx SC IC

Pull the battery, charge for an hour and have it checked at your local auto parts store. Too little voltage and not enough amps to activate the solenoid and of course the starter.

I went through the same thing. The battery seamed good but it was not. Overnight charge on the battery will give you a false cure. The battery should be able to stay above 12 volts and 300 amps after an one hour charge.
Batteries don't like to be shaken around.

Recommend replacing with a sealed AGM battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back