Seadoo not "pissing" water

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

mcknigj

I have 2 seadoo GTI seadoos. I took them to the lake the other day for the first time this year. I am new to the whole jet-ski world so I have a question? Neighter of the ski's were "pissing" for lack of a better term water out of the water jet on the side of the ski's. The lake water was really cool that day and so was the ambiant air temp, so my question is do these ski's have a thermostat which didnt open to allow them to spray out of the pisser jet or do I have a water pump problem. I just bought these ski's from a friend and I know they were not winterized..... But we had a VERY mild winter so I dont think there was any freeze damage. Any info will help, thanks. Also I am going to change the jet pump oil, does anyone know how much oil they hold??

the pisser is at the rear of the ski, by the tow hook, and no thermostat, when you flush it on the hose, do you see it pee out there ???

Well these ski's have a small black nozzel that comes out just in front of the driver on the left side. I rode these ski's last summer when it was hot and when ever the engine was running they would spray a small stream of water out of the little nozzels.

this happened to me the other day, i dont know if its related.... i didnt know i was suppose to crank the engine before turning on the hose...it sat there for at least 5 minutes shooting water in and i ended up having to pull the plugs and shoot the water out. im still new to this

this happened to me the other day, i dont know if its related.... i didnt know i was suppose to crank the engine before turning on the hose...it sat there for at least 5 minutes shooting water in and i ended up having to pull the plugs and shoot the water out. im still new to this

yea u gotta turn it let it run for 5 secs then hook up the water and same thing when u turn it off unplug water let it run 5 secs and shut off and u should be good

and for my jet ski when it runs on the hoes it pees out but in the lake i didnt see it peeing y is this?

These do not have a water pump but they rely on pressure from the jet pump. At low speed you might not see any water from the pisser but as you go faster you should see the water. You stated you saw it last summer so you need to determine if there is a blockage. you can pull the hoses from the motor and try to blow through them. Without water from the pisser you might not be getting cooling water to all parts of the engine.

Your ski doesn't have a water pump, it gets the cooling water from an outlet from the main jet pump. The tell-tale is an indication that water is flowing through the engine. The first thing I would check is the tell-tale itself, I have found that they usually plug up within a few inches of the end. Take a piece of wire and run it in about 3-4 inches, I use a piece of 12 ga. romex. If that doesn't fix it post back.

Here's the cooling system for a 787 yours is similar.

Lou

Attachments

• CCF05212012_00000.jpg
    CCF05212012_00000.jpg
    725.1 KB · Views: 217
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back