Seadoo gti 130 2013 shaking

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

LAleyenda

I have a new ski only 15 hours when it had run 4 hours i Got some Stone in the impeller an Got the impellers and wearring changed but it seems to be shaking a bit, not as Much as when the impeller was damaged but still a bit?? Could it be the driveshaft that have been bend? Or what?

I have a new ski only 15 hours when it had run 4 hours i Got some Stone in the impeller an Got the impellers and wearring changed but it seems to be shaking a bit, not as Much as when the impeller was damaged but still a bit?? Could it be the driveshaft that have been bend? Or what?

Maybe you can measure the drive shaft runout and compare it to the shop manual spec, I think it's in there. Just some rocks in the pump should not cause the drive shaft to bend, maybe a rope around the drive shaft can? Otherwise maybe it was mishandled, hard to say.

Also check motor mounts aren't broken.
Agree the bearings should be checked, and the lubricant if possible.

Maybe the replacement impeller is out of balance?

Lastly, are you sure it's really vibrating, or is it your imagination looking for something?

I dont now if its me but after the impeller was broken the Engine seems vibrating more than when i just Got i i had from new and i Think the Engine is vibrating Way more than when og just Got it from the store..

If you mean more vibration at high engine speed, it could be a drive line issue like pump bearings, impeller imbalance, or bent drive shaft. I think a bent drive shaft should produce very noticeable vibration, maybe unbearable. Both low and high speed vibration could be an engine problem.

I is both at low rpm and High but in the middle i can find a "spot" where the vibration isnt that bad...

I just Got the impeller and wearring changed by the dealer i bought it at, because i Got some rocks in it, and then it starts to vibrate and they Said it was because the impeller was not balanced right anymore but it help a little bit but not Much..

An expert impeller shop can balance the impeller but maybe some cannot do it well.

I have to wonder about your engine though, if it's running correctly. Does it make good power as usual or has it lost some performance? Stop engine and touch the spark plugs to find a dead cylinder, are all the spark plugs warm after running or is one cold?

The rotating part of the drive line must have good balance or it will vibrate. I think you can remove drive shaft and start engine to see if vibration is gone.

Maybe out of water you can feel the pump and engine separately while running to see which is the source of vibration?

It has lost 5kmt on the top but the nothing Els.. Im not an expert in seadoos, i used to sail on superjet and have never felt vibration Like this, my concern is its almost a Bean new machine and it didnt vibrate Like this when i Got it.. So my thought is, is it my on fault hidden the rocks or is it on the warrenty, of course i paid my self for the change of the new impeller and wearring, because i wanted to be sure there couldnt make any damage later on.
I have attached a picture of the damaged impeller that startet the problem so as you can see it is not "that damaged" i have seen worse impeller.
315.jpg
316.jpg

If the drive shaft or the impeller are unbalanced, I bet you will see a wear mark on the wear ring on what would be the heavy side. If you see marks, then something is wrong for sure as according to you, the ring and impeller were replaced...

Looks like my impeller, except 4 blades! :) This one also had vibration, and you changed to new impeller and still the vibration occurs, right?

I wonder if the plastic veins in the pump stator section are broken(cracked), allowing the impeller shaft bearing hub to move around?

Yes correct the vibration is still there, if the plastic is cracked should the dealer have seen it when they changed the impeller??

I must say i never checked the pump, because i didnt want to tear it apart because of the warranty

I think you have no choice, to repair this issue. I also can tell you the warranty dealership should allow you to do some work on your ski pump without voiding the entire warranty, this is really a normal type of maintenance and if you use the correct tools and procedures I expect your dealer will still cover unrelated warranty claims.

Of course, your warranty probably doesn't cover rock damage, the factory might refuse a claim like this. But if the engine spins a bearing for instance, and you were properly maintaining it then I guess the factory will reimburse your warranty dealer. There are some things it's unreasonable to expect warranty coverage for, such as abuse and items that are normally consumable, such as a wear ring for instance, unless the factory made some kind of mistake during assembly.

Maybe the repair shop can check it for you and advise. Of course you are responsible for additional parts cost, this seems fair b/c the damage came from your accidental abuse. Not sure if they will insist on charging you again for labor already performed, they shouldn't in my opinion b/c it seems the diagnosis was incomplete.

Okay thanks for the input and Sorry for my late answer, i Will try check it again and check for cracks and so, i have the prober tools, i Will get back if i find the problem os others can see it as Well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back