Sea Doo '95 SP 800 - Rectifier - Stator - Battery

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Technonick2xlc

Dear, I have a Problem. After a nice try and ride the Battery was empty.
What could this be?

Last edited by a moderator:
I was under the impression that only the 1995 XP 800 had the 800 engine... while the 96 XP had it...

what are the last 2 digits of your HIN? (Hull Identification Number). that will give us the year.

Thanks! You´re right..

I was under the impression that only the 1995 XP 800 had the 800 engine... while the 96 XP had it...

what are the last 2 digits of your HIN? (Hull Identification Number). that will give us the year.

You´re right.

Last edited by a moderator:
For testing you'll need a similar rectifier from a 720 or smaller. I think there is a procedure for testing the rectifier and the stator with an ohm meter, it should be in the manual.

Lou

You´re right and you know more than I.
I took a look and it´s a 1995 - 587 Engine - Now i have to go in Discussion with my Seller!

But the Problem is still the same :)

Do you know how to test the Rectifier with a Multimeter?

kind regards
Matthias Köhler

The service/shop manual section 8-3 states that there are voltage regulator components imbedded in the rectifier so measurements of the individual diodes in the rectifier would be almost impossible. The manual references using the "Bombardier Ignition Tester" which I do not know if it is available.

I highly recommend that you insure there are good connections from the rectifier to ground and to what the wiring diagram indicates is a 15a fuse in the electronic module.

Section 8-3 of the service/shop manual indicates that you should have .05 - .6 ohm across the yellow - yellow/black leads going to the magneto.

Hope some of this helps.

Rod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back