"Scraping" Propulsion Noise

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

pmoore603

2004 Bombardier GTX-LE

Engined died, so I pulled it and discovered that a cam shaft spacer had disintegrated, destroying the worm gear. So I paid a company to rebuild it. Engine was returned to me, and I just re-installed it. PWC was out of the water for just over 12 months. Before installing the propulsion unit, I noticed that the impeller was tight within the jet pump housing. Got it back in the water... it runs fine, except for the noise the impeller is making against the housing.

My plan is to pull the entire propulsion unit to see what is up. Any advice from anyone on what to look for? Is something just not fully seated perhaps?

Was the drive shaft alignment checked when you reinstalled the engine? If not then that could be a problem. You could check the condition of the impeller and wear ring and the clearance between them. If the condition and clearance checks out but the impeller still does not spin freely then you probably need to check the impeller drive shaft bearings internal to the jet pump.

Back