Sacrificial Anodes

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jasguild

Does anyone know what is the life of these anodes? Should I assume that if they are still intact that they are still working or do their effectiveness fade with time?

Now that it appears inevitable I will be pullling stuff off my stator, rudder and jet assembly, I might as well change what needs to be changed
:(

General rule is, once they are 50% of the original size replace them. Lots plays into an anode. In order for it to donuts job it needs to be cleaned by a wire brush, mounted securely with no paint between it and the mountain surface, and the mounting bolt checked and tightened as needed.

On the flip side. The more electronics you have the faster they fail. And salt water affects them in a large manner also.

Yes to the above, the zincs are there to protect the expensive parts from corrosion. In severe cases, docking near other boats that are connected to shore power but not properly grounded can eat your zincs off in just a few days.

EDIT: Galvanic corrosion, that is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back