RXT 4-Tec Supercharger, Engine Trouble

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

CAC

I have a 05 or 06 RXT 4-Tec Supercharger Seadoo. It is Black and Green. I had some friends driving it, they forgot to take the small bag anchor off the Seadoo while having two people on it and pulling a skier. When they started driving I heard a loud "boom" sound but wasn't sure what it was. They heard it, stopped and took the anchor off the front. We checked it for any cracks on the bottom, there were none, so I checked the water input on the bottom and everything looked fine inside it. I got back on it and drove it. It would only get up to 52 mph, usually it will go 70 mph. Does anybody have an idea of what happened? It drives fine just doesn't have the same power or speed it use to, like the SuperCharger isn't working? (maybe).

Could it be the super charger clutch disks? I heard in mine they are ceramic but now they are metal.

maybe you sucked up the anchor or rope into the impeller, which chewed up the impeller and/or wear ring?

i dont have experience with 4tec engines, but that sounds like its possible

did you check the impeller and ring?

That is normaly the magical number that leads to the supercharger going out. Start the seadoo out of water and reach back and grab the U shaped hose coming off of the supercharger. squeeze it tightly with one hand and rev it up with the other. If it blows the hose out the SC is still working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back