Runs great then on one cylinder only then great gain...

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

DOUBLEDEE

Hi. Just picked up a '96 GTX. It runs great about 55mph and then suddenly bogs down to about 25mph. After 10-30 seconds in kicks back in and runs good again. I have replaced the plugs and even ran hotter ones. They are not being fouled out. I checked the fuel filter which is clean. I put Seafoam in and ran it several times with the same result. I have used Stabil to clean up any old gas. The compression is good in both cylinders. I am told that it is doubtful that this is a carb issue since it runs well and then cuts out. That it wouldn't run good then bad then good again if it was a carb problem. Could this be some sort of electrical or ignition problem? Any advice or troubleshooting tips would be greatly appreciated!

Put fresh fuel in and bypass the fuel selector and the fuel filter/water separator. Run you fuel line straight to the carbs and try.

STOP RUNNING THE SKI !!!!!!!!!

The engine is going lean. A lean run on a 2-stoke is death to the engine. Also... there is nothing you can pour in the fuel to fix a mechanical problem.

So... pull the carbs and clean them. Clean the fuel valve. If you have gray tempo fuel lines... replace them.

Better do what he says or he will come through your computer screen and choke you. :lols::lols::lols:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back