Fluid only coming out of 1 cylinder?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
IMG_1081.png
Pulled carbs, and was met with this lovely sight. Not super concerned, I’ll just run it hard once it runs. Mag plug keeps getting covered in that watery oil, but now it’s more oil than water, and takes longer to cover the plugs, which makes me happy because that means the oil injection works.

I’m not really sure what your pointing out? But I’m the picture it looks like the rotary valve might be a little mangled up? Hard to tell for sure as the picture quality is a little bad.

That was looking into the bottom end through the carburetor port. It looks like there’s a nice milkshake in there.

Well after seeing the video, disregard my comment about the rotary valve, I think it looks ok, doesn’t look like any grooves in it. I can’t really see the milkshake your referring to, the colour of the connecting rods looks kind of whiteish. I’m not overly familiar with what I’m looking at, pretty sure those are the connecting rods. If there is a milkshake of water and oil in there, then I would guess that it’s either ingested water or has been towed and water entered through the exhaust ports. I have no experience with cranks, just always been fortunate enough that I’ve never had to change one. I would get an oil can and squirt injection oil on everything you can see through the intake ports? And then roll it over again with plugs out. Just an idea, I like to I squirt injection oil on everything when I get a new to me ski if I’m not going to be able to work on it for awhile. It’s possible that water had been sitting in there for quite some time and possibly bearings are already damaged. If you take the plugs out and roll the engine over by hand have a look through intake ports and a listen. How does it look and sound? How much liquid did you have come out of that one cylinder?

Just thinking about this, not sure how much water fuel you had blowing out the plug hole or how much water was in there at one time. We do not know. But just another thing for you to be concerned with is the counter balance shaft. Some years have a drain plug for the counter balance and some don’t. I know the 96 does not, not sure about the 97, I know the 97 has a cap to add or check oil in the counter balance because I have a 97, and a 96 and a 99 gsx lol. I would find the cap for the counter balance and stick a wire or something in there to see if the oil is milky. If it is, that will have to be drained and refilled at a minimum whether it’s drained via a plug or like the 96 the case has to be split. If you have any trouble finding the cap, let me know and I can have a look on mine.

Gotcha. It’s not fuel, it’s just a mixture of oil and water. It’s becoming more and more oil than water from spinning it over, and adding injection oil to the cylinders. I’ll check for a cap for a counterbalance later.

Back