96 gti fuel issue?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

gavin_carter

had my 96’ gti out on the water. Ran great when i first took it out (10 mins) and then when i went to take it back out again it accelerates well but kinda dies off in power after that. Eventually after running it like that for a while it died on me. I was running older gas and it was getting a little low so i switched it to reserve. Once i got it started it ran just like it did when i first put it in for about 10 mins until it started the issues from before. Any help? i’ve been told it’s an impeller issue and just wasn’t really sure.

I would put new gas in it, non ethanol if you can, and run it some. Old gas doesn't do well and near empty tank may have more water in it. A propeller issue should be continuous and not after 10 mins of running, so it most likely is a fuel or air issue.
When is the last time carbs were rebuilt?

I would put new gas in it, non ethanol if you can, and run it some. Old gas doesn't do well and near empty tank may have more water in it. A propeller issue should be continuous and not after 10 mins of running, so it most likely is a fuel or air issue.
When is the last time carbs were rebuilt?
carbs could have been redone 2 years ago or 10 years ago, i have no idea. I’m gonna try the new gas this weekend and i’ll update. The place i go to has ethanol free so i’ll see how that goes. Thanks

put new gas in it, ran decent for a bit but after 20 mins or so of running it started running bad again. Switched it to reserve and it ran the best it ever has. Once the reserve tank runs out though it runs like shit again. Any ideas?

That sounds like an air leak with your selector switch. Check all the connection nd if you can leak test the switch.

Back