rooster tail

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

ryno1978

is there a way to reduce the amount of rooster tail that the boat throws when pulling a skiier or tuber from the water. I don't have a tilt/trim on my 2004 utopia like I would on an outboard. my buddy suggested trim tabs but not sure if anyone has any solutions. Pic stinks but gives an idea of what I'm talking about.

Attachments

• 20190728_155116.jpg
    20190728_155116.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 50
Its hard to tell becuase you're in a turn but that does not look abnormal. It may be easier to get longer tow ropes versus install trim tabs.

My family complains about the same thing. I buy cheap goggles and everyone wears them. We lose a few sets every year from me slinging people off.
I also added a 4ft section of rope to make it just a tad longer. The longer the rope the harder is is to whip them.

I believe there was an option from PLACE controls that could tip the steering nozzle up or down. However, it also trims the bow up an down- a lot.

My boys used to wear cheap goggles, too. Also learned to make S-turns such that the time directly in the jet stream is minimized.

Thanks for the advice. I know the pic was not a good one. The biggest issue is pulling out of the water. I will try the longer rope. My bigger concern is when we get to wakeboard and ski but guess we'll find out.

Wake boarding and skiing don't seem to have a problem with the jet stream. The rider has enough control to stay out of it.

agree with above posts- my kids wear cheap goggles and I added 7' of rope.
I added the 7' on the boat end- it stays on the ski pylon and it has a quick disconnect to easily swap between the ski rope and the tube rope. works out nice.

I use the SPORTSSTUFF 4K BOOSTER BALL Tow Rope (can get it at Walmart right now for $79.99 which is a good price; i bought mine years ago for a bit more) and it helps knock down the spray from the jet, it doesn't completely solve the problem, but it does help...it also makes it easier to move a tube across the wake by keeping the rope off the water and it also provides better visibility to other boaters that you are towing (sometimes helpful with low-profile towables).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back