97 Seadoo Spx build

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

glsmohio

Hey guys. thought I would do a build thread on my 97 seadoo spx. At 1st I was just going to do this all stock, but after some long thinking I might as well do it since I got other stock skis. So a little back ground. I got this ski from a friend and paid $300 for it. The ski had no compression in the mag cylinder and the pto had 148 psi. After pulling the head, I found that the ring was now part of the piston. The cylinder was not getting any oil and it looks like the oil injector has some stuff in it (that oil like was half empty), there for no oil going in. My plan is to rebuild the engine and i hope to reuse the crank.

Plan for the ski:

*new black tip seat cover (I found a hump sead for $50 shipped on ebay) and mats
*single gauge hood
*factory spec 1 pipe with water injection
*r and d nozzle
*r and d trim tabs
*r and d ride plate extension
*beach house style sponson (im making them)
* I got 2 or 3 scope gates to pic from.
*westcoast carbs
*westcoast manifold
*westcoast billet fuel rail
*r and d Flame arrestor
*black fly wheel if I cant find an aluminum (also would like to turn the pto down if I can find an aluminum fly wheel)
*going to premix
*also just got a head from GroupK, (the 91 oct head/mod)

Im also going to paint the top of the ski, the bottom is like new just needs a good buff. Im thinking of doing Blue on the top (yellow on bottom), but I could do Silver???

I know that I'm missing a lot of other stuff im going to do but this will be a good start to give you an idea of what is going to go on.

Also im very new to building a ski like this, so any help that you can give me I'm all ears.

Before I show some pics I do want to say thanks to Nick and Matt! The two of them have help me out with parts/knowledge and i hope more to come.

71.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1449588064868.jpguploadfromtaptalk1449588097431.jpguploadfromtaptalk1449588138922.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1449589064686.jpg

What do you think on the colors, yellow bottom with blue or silver top?

I have black and yellow seat and mats. I should get them today in the mail.

Being from Ohio, blue is not an option if you keep the bottom yellow...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

That 99 hump seat come on it?

95 XP800!!!
Keep the 2 strokes alive!

no i picked it up from a guy on ebay, I hit the jackpot. i got the hump seat, a set of carbs (stock for a 787) west coast intake gate and a r and d air intake all for $75 and thats shipped lol

Being from Ohio, blue is not an option if you keep the bottom yellow...

You know thats what the wife said to, and im an ohio state fan like no other but some of me wants to have some more color than silver...

its really not that minty, they guy had it for about for a year and a half and it sat out side the whole time, Not going to lie it was very clean the 1st time i sale it when he got it and plus i like to make things look different, gets old looking at the same stuff

any idea how much umi can run? i have the stuff to up grade it to the new bar pad...
Seems to be around $325-$400 used. There is one on ebay now with bars, button holder, and finger throttle I've been thinking about.

That one has been on there forever. I was talking about this one...
77.jpg

That one has been on there forever. I was talking about this one...
77.jpg

dang them are nice, nick is going to do a run of new ones made in the usa and he told me that they would be around $500

I would buff and wax you have to embrace the pink and purple on these skis

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back