97 Seadoo Spx build

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
well still have to look in to the gas gauge but i did get the ski to run last night. I must of had a lot of gass on the ski because it ran for a good min with the gas off lol. starting to get all the graphics on the ski now. i hope to have this thing done by saturday.

Also I did end up getting another hump seat. So im going to put the jet trim on but im not sure what im going to do with the hump seat that i put the black tip seat cover on.

well I Put some time on the ski this weekend and im guess that i have the ski way rich. It wont come on plane because its getting so much fuel. If i turn the fuel off it comes alive for about 5sec and wow. It has 130main jets in it so im going to take it down to 115 mains.

Well I poped the timming plate off working on the carbs. What's the best way to make sure it's set right?uploadfromtaptalk1462919213983.jpg

well just wanted to take some time and give an update. I have been working with matt on getting the carbs all set up for the ski. Very helpful guy and is willing to do anything. He even sent me another set to try and man did they ever come through. The ski is like nothing i have rode before. It makes all the hard work pay off! the ski right now is turning 7350 rpms and I have only been over 1000 degrees one time. Both cylinders are 10-15 degrees apart running on pump gas with that group k head. I have had so much fun putting this ski together I think Im going to build another one.

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone that took the time to read my thread and help me out. I have learned so much over the time of this build.

If any one has any questions I will do my best to help out. I also plan to do another build over the winter so the hunt for more parts is on!

Thanks again guys!
Scott

hey guys sorry i have not posted pics yet of this ski. its been a very busy summer. Now im haveing problems with the ski. I went out to ride the ski and ran amazing. then the next day i go out and its a dog. not getting top rpms. its slow out of the hole. if i turn one way it will almost die out but if you turn the other way it has a lot more power. its almost like it loosing power? i have another set of carbs im going to try but im lost. compression is still good...any ideas?

Disconnect and run off battery and see if there a difference. Remember not to shut off in middle of Lake doing this test it may not have enough juice to start back up.

Disconnect and run off battery and see if there a difference. Remember not to shut off in middle of Lake doing this test it may not have enough juice to start back up.

thanks man. im going to check that out and ill let you know but im thinking that would be it. it would explain the sudden change

61.jpg

Bitch, please.
Thats ridiculous. Back to reading....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back