reverse cable lock nut questions

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffyp

so my crappy plastic nut broke on my reverse cable, i bought a new one but it does not slide over the shift cable. do i really need to pull the entire reverse cable out to replace this stupid nut?? anyone have tips or tricks?

2012 seadoo wake 210

I have an aluminum replacement that I haven't installed yet, because I believe the entire cable must come out like you mentioned.

Hopefully someone else can confirm.

Seadoo Wake 2007, I have ordered my Aluminum nuts, I got my plastic one out today. Used some retaining ring pliers 927 amazon made it real easy to back the broken nut off. Now when I put the Aluminum on I just hope I can tighten up enough to make a good seal. I only took the flap off that the reverse moves up and down, to get enough hand room to get back in there good.

I got the old nut out. I'm ready to put the new one on and the new one does not slip over the end of the cable. So that's where I'm at do I have the wrong nut or do I really have to pull the entire cable to fix this.....

Mine should be in today, so I hope it will slide over the cable. Not sure if I will need to put some lubricant on it before putting it on?

mine isn't even close enough to try and lube and squeeze it. unless the end piece of the cable comes off somehow and i don't see how that can, yours may be different being an 07. i wish you luck sir haha.

let me know how it goes.

I was able to get mine on today. Im doing the side that goes to reverse cable. A little tight but I pulled all the rubber boots off before attempting to put the nut on and it went on pretty good. Now seems my cable is a little shorter and I dont have much tread for adjustment, so my forward arm seem not to be all the way down.

Yea I had to pull the entire cable to do mine. Was not as bad as I thought it would be. If you loosen that nut up you can pull some of the cable back through

got it on correct. I backed the nut up and didn't seat the half washers correctly. So, its good to go I hope.

Mine also didn't have the half washers I just had a bushing that squeezes onto the cable. I siliconed around the nut to be safe haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back