Removing a 2009 GTI driveshaft???

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

cazzaw

hi guys i'm trying to remove the drive shaft from a 2009 gti, it has the new floating ring setup with a nut looking bit.

i don't know wether it's got a thread or a C-clip as it's siezed and i can't move it at all.

any help would be appreciated!!!

CHEERS!

Threaded....

hi guys i'm trying to remove the drive shaft from a 2009 gti, it has the new floating ring setup with a nut looking bit.

i don't know wether it's got a thread or a C-clip as it's siezed and i can't move it at all.

any help would be appreciated!!!

CHEERS!

It's threaded on and locked down with Loctite. If you don't have any rubber seals to close, you might be able to hit it with 300*F of heat, right at the area of the hexagon for the wrench.

I've never busted one of these loose but you might have to find a way to hold the PTO from turning with a pipe wrench or the like. You may be able to bite the shaft somewhere. But, be careful not to burr it up........:cheers:

cheers for the reply

i made up a special tool to hold the shaft and rattled it off by holding the ring with a shifter.
it's LEFT HAND thread!!!!! FARKIN TIGHT!!!!

Sorry....

cheers for the reply

i made up a special tool to hold the shaft and rattled it off by holding the ring with a shifter.
it's LEFT HAND thread!!!!! FARKIN TIGHT!!!!

Oh man, sorry I didn't mention that. Yes, anytime you have a rotating shaft, the threads will always be cut so the fastener won't be able to rotate in the direction to remove it from the threads. Its usually that the rotating equipment, through rotation, help to keep it bound tight.

Sorry, I should have mentioned that...........:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back