Rectifier problem??

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jack11

My 96 gsx has had this problem since last year but it is getting worse
when i plug in the lanyard i get my 2 beeps all systems go But then there is a pause and then i get 4 more beeps all systems no go i do not blow any fuses, in the past i was able to pull out the fuses put them back (the same fuses) and this would solve my problem, plug in the lanyard get 2 beeps and go, and as long as i didn't let the seadoo sit for more then a day or so it would start everytime but after two days or so of no use i would be back to square one with the 2 beeps pause then the four beeps
now pulling the fuses trick doesn't work any more
i did notice after i got the four beeps i would hear a click noise comming from what i think is the rectifier?

So the last time i checked fuses all good then i poked around the rectifier alittle bit plugged the lanyard in and it worked i got my 2 beeps engine started
i know these tricks are not going to last much longer
does anyone have any idea as to what this could be?
Thank you for your time and help
jack

Try disconnecting the rectifier from the system. (pull the red wire) BUT... the 4 long beeps is that the MPEM isn't talking with the CDI unit. So... because of that... I would pull all the CDI wires, and make sure they are clean and tight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back