rave valve bellows keep blowing off

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

lynch51

hey i changed my rave valve bellows and the caps and top retaining springs rings that hold them on...put the seadoo in the water and at wot i got my top speed and max rpm 7080 for about 10 secs then it drops right down to 6400 rpm and about 61 mph on the speedo instead of the 70 i was just getting... when i check the rave valves remove the black cap one of the bellows had come half way off the top spring ring too...i tried siliconing it when i put it bac together... water test same thing just this time the one i didnt silicon came off...i siliconed them both water tested it and the one that came off the first time came off again...now there is some oil in the bellows itself could that be the reason? like should i put new orings in it? by the way this is a 1997 1/2 gsxl...now do some of thise skis have a pressure relief valve in the line that goes from the sileinod to the crank could that be way...anyone with any info that would be great thanks

hey i changed my rave valve bellows and the caps and top retaining springs rings that hold them on...put the seadoo in the water and at wot i got my top speed and max rpm 7080 for about 10 secs then it drops right down to 6400 rpm and about 61 mph on the speedo instead of the 70 i was just getting... when i check the rave valves remove the black cap one of the bellows had come half way off the top spring ring too...i tried siliconing it when i put it bac together... water test same thing just this time the one i didnt silicon came off...i siliconed them both water tested it and the one that came off the first time came off again...now there is some oil in the bellows itself could that be the reason? like should i put new orings in it? by the way this is a 1997 1/2 gsxl...now do some of thise skis have a pressure relief valve in the line that goes from the sileinod to the crank could that be way...anyone with any info that would be great thanks

kk i checked mine it is the model 1997 1/2 does not have the pressure relief valve (set to 1.5 psi) the model after mine the 1998(red and purple) has this relief valve...i wonder if i should order one and install it in the line maybe thats why the bellows keep coming off.. i dont think it could be the silienod because its just 12volts to open it to the bellows at high rpm? i ve been looking though the forums to see if this has happened to anyone else but havnt found anything...if anyone has and ideas that would be great thanks i m gonna keep investegating this problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back