put anti-freeze into the exhaust

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

patelmd

to winterize a 2004 sportster 155 4 tec, where do i need to put the anti freez. i have had a waverunner for couple of yrs but m new to the jet boats.

does it go where the water hose attaches for flushing or somewhere else and how do you get the anti freez in there, from a bucket and use gravity? i m confused and can use some expert advise, gets sub freezing here in michigan. i checked the other threads about winterizing but was not able to find a clear answer to this issue. thanks

to winterize a 2004 sportster 155 4 tec, where do i need to put the anti freez. i have had a waverunner for couple of yrs but m new to the jet boats.

does it go where the water hose attaches for flushing or somewhere else and how do you get the anti freez in there, from a bucket and use gravity? i m confused and can use some expert advise, gets sub freezing here in michigan. i checked the other threads about winterizing but was not able to find a clear answer to this issue. thanks

your user manual should give you a step by step for winterizing. if you don't have one you can download from seadoo site

Winterize

your user manual should give you a step by step for winterizing. if you don't have one you can download from seadoo site

Did you find out about the exhaust with the antifreeze? I have the service manual, and it does not say anything to do for the 4-tech, on the supercharge.

I wouldn't think you would need to. If you let it run without hose for a minute, you should blow all the water out of exhaust system.

Winterizing the seadoo 4tecs and 2 stokes is very easy. You dont have to get complicated like the manual states as there are easier ways to do it. I have 6 jet powered water crafts, boats and PWC's alike and this method works every year.

Follow the flush method for winterizing but use enviromentally friend antifreeze. I bought a antifreeze flush kit from bass pro shop but essentially your just going to flush the engine with antifreeze. Its a simple concept and gets antifreeze everywhere you need it.

There is a "hose" connection on the back next to the jet. stick a hose in there, (garden hose works but you cant see the fluid so i would make a clear tube out of hardware store parts) Get a bottle to connect to the other end. you need to get pressure in the anitfreeze bottle so i have a hole on top where simple air pump can screw on.

Then just turn on the boat/ski and start pushing the antifreeze through. The antifreeze goes in soooo much easier with pressure to push it in. After you dump a couple quarts worth in there and its running out the bottom of the jet your good.

first time is always hard. after a couple times you will be so good at it each boat will take minutes. you can even take your boat out on random warm days and then re-winterize with no issues.

there are also quick connects sold that make it even easier to winterize this way. amazon has some for cheap.

Ditto on the above method. I used a bucket and a electric pump for the first time this yr and it worked just fine.
You can buy a quick connect hose connection at any garden dep't. Screw the one end into the flush valve (leave it always) and the other end to a hose or bigger clear tube on which you attached the a hose coupler and the quick connect.
Any more questions then repost.

Can't you just leave the antifreeze coolent in there, and make sure its a 50/50 mix? The jet ski is stored in the garage, and the antifreeze is good for way below Zero.

Yes you leave the anti freeze in there all winter.
When you see it come out of the jet then Stop the water flow then the engine. Use Sta-bil first then fog it.
Use the pink marine/Rv Anti freeze stuff...lots cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back