Sea Doo RXT 215 (2006) Exhaust P1544 - need help

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

rdeankauf

I am the original owner of a 2006 RXT 215 which has less approximately 50 hours of use. In 2019, I had the 100 hour full service and tune up performed to get the waverunner back to 'new' condition with any issues being resolved. When running the unit at full speed I am now getting an Exhaust P1544 error displayed which appears to temporarily put the unit in limp mode. There apprears to be no other issues with the waverunner although the display is dimmer and missing 2 segments in the RPM diplay.

I am at the point where I need to sell the waverunner, but would like to know what the possible causes of the Exhaust P1544 error and how to resolve. As I am not technically inclined to fix myself, I an wondering the effort/cost to resolve before trying to sell the unt. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance..

Your open loop exhaust cooling is not doing its job, something is obstructing water flow. Usually caused by not back flushing regularly. Could be a simple fix by back flushing or something more serious like a corroded exhaust manifold.

when you run water thru it,,,check in the transom that water is not leaking at the “O” ring seal

On the jet pump top left side when you are looking at it there is a black plastic plug , if you remove it it is actually a filter for exhaust cooling water, possibly that is plugged.

Since it is heating up on the upper rpms screen in jet pump could be clogged or wear ring could be slightly out of spec or temp sensor could be bad.

DigDog, I am unfamiliar with the component details of the engine. Is the plag accessible from the outside of the waverunner, or via the engine compartment.

Skiasylum, I do flush the unti with the hose regularly - I am not sure the process to "back flush" the cooling system (or is that is what you were referring to?).

Any link or pictorial as to where the "O" ring seal seal is in the transom?

Sorry for my ignorance, but would like to verify/fix by myself if possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back