I didn't drain or flush my exhaust at the end of the season?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

paynpak1998

I stored my 2007 GTI 155 in an insulated garage. I changed the oil and took the battery out and put it on a tender. However, I didn't flush my exhaust for a few reasons. It's never been in salt water, the garage is insulated so I highly doubt it will go below freezing temperatures. And some people on facebook were saying by the time it's cold enough to freeze, all of the water inside will have already evaporated out. Did I screw up by not flushing my exhaust or should I be fine?

Seadoo recommends flushing your exhaust before storage operating in both lake water and salt water. Some lake water can get pretty nasty. There are pin holes used to aspirate the exhaust cooling water and you don’t want those to clog. You don’t have a intercooler to clog up but I would say try to get in the habit of regular back flushing to keep your cooling system functioning properly.

Another note about flushing....watch Calas Performance Racing on YouTube and he is funny and repairs LOTS of Seadoos in Florida. Point is to keep the flush time to the minimum because the carbon ring is not being covered by the hose rinse water that is plumbed in to the exhaust system and out the back. He sees many Carbon rings wearing out early due to the lack of water inside the rubber boot on the drive line helping to transfer the heat created by the spinning driveline due to LONG rinsing times by distracted owners. Not to mention the manual speaks to the underneath cooling system heat transfer plate (think "radiator" for ski) not being against the water for the same heat transfer. Look for the telltale Black graphite dusting pattern inside the hull near the rubber boot shield covering the ring. You can peel it back to inspect your ring; if worn down time to change it since it is a point of major water intrusion and SINKING you hear about.

Back