Proper anti rattle device install 2001 GTX

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

sagent

So I'm in the process of changing pump oil and I am trying to figure out how to properly install the cone with the anti rattle device. The manual says to insert pencil into lube fill hole and push on the slider tab ( I assume towards the impeller shaft ) then hold tab and torque screws. Then remove pencil to release locking device. Can someone clarify / explain process a little clearer so I am sure I'm doing it correctly ? Thanks

Actually I wouldn't bother to install it. It really doesn't help much after a short time.
I'm sure others who have installed one will agree.
Who recommended it to you?

On a 2001GTX the anti-rattle is standard equipment not aftermarket. In fact after 96 most Seadoo models came with the anti-rattle. As I recall there's no special procedure to install the cone, just make sure the teflon pad is centered on the impeller shaft, probably the procedure in the manual is to make certain it's centered. If the teflon pad is damaged or the spring is near the end of the pad don't re-use it. If that's the case, Seadoobuddy's advice is sound just remove the spring and pad and install the cone without it, because they really didn't work all that well.

Lou

On a 2001GTX the anti-rattle is standard equipment not aftermarket. In fact after 96 most Seadoo models came with the anti-rattle. As I recall there's no special procedure to install the cone, just make sure the teflon pad is centered on the impeller shaft, probably the procedure in the manual is to make certain it's centered. If the teflon pad is damaged or the spring is near the end of the pad don't re-use it. If that's the case, Seadoobuddy's advice is sound just remove the spring and pad and install the cone without it, because they really didn't work all that well.Lou

Lou, I didn't know that it was OEM after 96. I guess that means I have one on my 99. I or a mechanic who worked on it never worked on the impeller/pump area, so who knows what condition it may be in by now. I'll listen more closely when I'm visit it in Oct. :)

I ordered a new one for my gsx thinking there wasn't one installed. Went to install the new one and sure enough, the exact same part was already in the cone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back