plz help no lcd,no key, no start, no beep

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

334.chris

2005 gtx 4 tec supercharged. I was riding just took off got on plane and ski dies. The lcd was blank no beeps. I removed the key installed key the screen flashes and goes off no two beeps like normal and will not start. I checked all fuses none blown. Check battery it's good. The tops solenoid is clicking and fuel is working when key is still installed. But no lcd and will not start. Tried to jump the starter relay and nothing . I no there is something I have probably left out lol. I would be great full for some help. Thank you in advance.

Sounds to me that you have a poor connection. One of the main cables is likely the issues. Or, your battery is bad.

Get a meter and test at the battery, starter solenoid, and at the starter when jumping the solenoid. I'm certain you will be at or below 10 volts.

Repairing and selling iPads, iPhones and Mini iPads.

As I said. Test from neg of battery to pos of solenoid. Then jp solenoid and test output side of solenoid. Then the hot wire right at the starter. All of these while cranking the engine.

As I said. Test from neg of battery to pos of solenoid. Then jp solenoid and test output side of solenoid. Then the hot wire right at the starter. All of these while cranking the engine.

Alright battery is good. I have power at the main on the solenoid. I also have power at the plug that plugs into the solenoid. My gauges and my start/ stop switch are still not working. Going to jp it over now. Any suggestions now. And i do thank you for helping me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jumped the solenoid engine turns over fine. The gauges fash as I plug the key up and then goes blank. And start stop switch still not working

Jumped the solenoid engine turns over fine. The gauges fash as I plug the key up and then goes blank. And start stop switch still not working

Ok,, you will want to touch base with [MENTION=41828]Minnetonka4me[/MENTION] as he can tell you how to "pre-test" the MPEM. But, before that, tell me this. You said there is power at the plug that plugs into the solenoid. I believe there is a ground and a trigger wire. The trigger wire will not NORMALLY have volts. It gets volts via the MPEM and the START/STOP switch. So, is there power all the time or when you press the start stop switch?

With the key installed I have power to the plug on the relay.key not installed no power.the bottom pin is hot when key is installed.i didn't push start button to get power just installed key.

Last edited by a moderator:
With the key installed I have power to the plug on the relay.key not installed no power.the bottom pin is hot when key is installed.i didn't push start button to get power just installed key.

Need the input from someone else, but I'm thinking that something is wrong based on having power the moment the lanyard is installed. The solenoid should ONLY receive power to the small plug (pin) when the start button is pushed. If it is live all the time, it would be cranking all the time. Follow me?

I understand what your saying. If the other pin goes hot when switch is pushed then it would activate the relay thou.maybe someone else will help. But ty for your help.

Solenoids have 4 terminals. Two large hot, one smaller ground and a small trigger wire.

Let's try this, jump from the hot side of the solenoid (from the battery) to the trigger pin of the solenoid. Make sure the other pin is grounded. Based on how you have described things, it should do nothing. I say this as, it sounds like the trigger is already hot. Binder normal circumstances if you do what I just described it should crank.

What is the voltage at the small wire that is already hot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dont have alot of time diagnosing 4stroke electrical but if the yellow and black wire that connects to the solenoid has 12 volts all the time theres serious issues. I would think though the starter would be engaged with the battery hooked up.

I would be checking all ground connections first, unhook a few connectors and look for green corrosion.

Maybe try to explain things in a little more detail its a little tough to follow whats going on.

The wire that is hot is purple and it is only hot when the key is installed.

To recap what is going on. when installing the key. The gauges cluster powers up and within two seconds powers down. With the key still install the fuel pump cycles and the tops is cycling as well. There is power to the solenoid from the battery. The plug on the side the bottom pin is hot as well with 12.76 volts that wire color is purple. With all this going on the gauges are still powered down and the start/stop switch and mode and set buttons are in op as well.. I have jumped the solenoid the engine will spin over but not crank.. The battery tested good.

Would the dess key may need to be reprogrammed

The wire that is hot is purple and it is only hot when the key is installed.

To recap what is going on. when installing the key. The gauges cluster powers up and within two seconds powers down. With the key still install the fuel pump cycles and the tops is cycling as well. There is power to the solenoid from the battery. The plug on the side the bottom pin is hot as well with 12.76 volts that wire color is purple. With all this going on the gauges are still powered down and the start/stop switch and mode and set buttons are in op as well.. I have jumped the solenoid the engine will spin over but not crank.. The battery tested good.

Would the dess key may need to be reprogrammed

just throwing this out there.. check the metal contacts on the DESS post and key use a soft pencil eraser to clean all the metal surfaces.. could it possibly be your key stalk going bad?

It seams to me like you have a problem with the stalk.. I'm no professional but if you have gotten more from the machine after cleaning the key and the stalk then before, I would look towards any loose wires or a diagnostics test of the dess stalk...

Do you have the learner key to try with?

Yeah.. If after you have gotten positive results after cleaning the metal contacts... I would look into the stalk being the problem.. If nothing happened.. I would look else where

Well after 5 hrs of chasing ever wire. And swapping parts it was the ecu that went bad. I am in need of a 664942 ecu if anyone has one or knows the best place to get one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back