Please Help: Towing and wide angle mirrors on PWC

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gator3000

I have a couple questions related to towing a tube on a PWC without a spotter in Florida...

I have a 2012 Rxt rated at 3 people and I want to tow two people on a tube. In Florida, I believe I can do this without a spotter by using a "wide angle mirror." However, I have seen conflicting information on other sites stating that a PWC is not allowed to use a wide angle mirror in Florida in any case. This is all I can find in the Florida statutes:

(1)(a) A person may not operate a vessel on any waters of this state towing a person on water skis, or an aquaplane, or similar device unless there is in such vessel a person, in addition to the operator, in a position to observe the progress of the person being towed, or the vessel is equipped with a wide-angle rear view mirror mounted in such manner as to permit the operator of the vessel to observe the progress of the person being towed. This subsection does not apply to class A motorboats operated by the person being towed and designed to be incapable of carrying the operator in the motorboat.

Assuming I can use a wide angle mirror for this purpose:

1) What is the minimum size the wide angle mirror have to be in Florida (It seems other states specifically state the size but I could not find this in the statutes).

2) Does anyone have a Temporary wide angle mirror set up they can recommend for a PWC? (I dont want to permanently mount or bolt anything to my PWC or replace the stock mirrors). I’m thinking of a wide angle mirror that can be clamped on or suction cupped somewhere on the PWC?

Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back