P0562 help 2006 seadoo 4 tec gtx SC

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
So I just bought the ski ran fine when I tested it on water and bought it only has 29 hours last time ran before me was summer of last year. Took it out again ran fine then about 30 min or so got the error code P0562 12v low saw videos saying check fuses and the stator and rectifier. Is it more then likely one of those or just replace battery after sitting that long where it can start just fine just can’t be ran all day? Thanks

Take the battery out and have it load tested at your local auto parts or battery store, if its bad buy a AGM replacement.

So I just bought the ski ran fine when I tested it on water and bought it only has 29 hours last time ran before me was summer of last year. Took it out again ran fine then about 30 min or so got the error code P0562 12v low saw videos saying check fuses and the stator and rectifier. Is it more then likely one of those or just replace battery after sitting that long where it can start just fine just can’t be ran all day? Thanks
My understanding is running the ski does not "recharge" the battery, it just maintains whatever level of charge it had before you started it.

I'd swap out the battery and test ride.

2006 with 29 hours, best to change oil, and plugs.
How old is battery ?
All alternator systems charge the battery;
Measure battery voltage not running, ie no load, should be ~12.65v to ~12.85v depending on type, if fully charged.
Running my manual says 15v max at 5500 rpm, I would have said 14v at lower rpm, if it is MORE
than at rest it is charging.
If the battery is low but the charging voltage is good -> bad battery -> have it tested.
I also prefer AGM.

Agree with all. Another easy basic check is to find the date code on the battery (if it's there).
My own personal preference is to run AGM batteries in my Sea Doo and several Harleys... and chuck them after 3 years.
It's really hard to go wrong with that strategy and can help to eliminate downtime on the road or water.
It and can even protect against alternator overcharging damage in some cases.
NOT cheap... but your (limited) free time is well worth the investment.

I wish I could get three years out of batteries on my two Seadoos - 2007 GTI SE 155 and 2021 GTI SE 170. I ride them year round, every 4-5 weeks, no battery tender. They go about 2 years, and I buy quality YUASA batteries. But changing every 2 years seems to keep them running their best. Recently bought a YUASA AGM battery for the 2021… and we will see how that goes. Just bought a new YUASA battery for my Yamaha Majesty scooter to replace the YUASA that still works, but is starting to make me nervous sometimes, and is 5 1/2 years old with about 25,000 miles on it. But I ride the scoooter almost daily, which I think makes a difference. If I rode my Seadoos more often, or used a better tender, maybe the batteries would last longer.

And to clarify… fundamentally, the battery is what power starts your ski and then is recharged by the stator, so that your battery is returned to a full charge for the next time you start the ski. The battery also supplies power to the ski and the stator provides power to the ski as well. There is a voltage regulator that knows when your battery reaches full charge and prevents overcharging while you are riding the ski. The voltage regulator helps regulate the amount of power needed from the stator to operate the ski and recharge the battery after starting the ski.

Back